Tennessee in position to win the East in 2020

This didn’t age well....

No kidding. Who the hell was delusional enough to think we had the “best coaching staff in the SEC”? That’s beyond laughable. Beldar can’t get out of an egg headed dunce cap for christs sakes. Good grief!

Honestly, this team has enough talent and experience to win the SEC. It's very unlikely but it'll come down to our QB play. If our QB play is All-SEC level then I can see us in the SEC champ.

LSU, UGA, BAMA have all lost their starting QBs and lost tons of talent.

tenor.gif

Lol, you've watched all six games, and really believe that we are only (developed) talent-deficient at the QB position?

Of course we are lacking in some areas but I strongly believe we should only have one loss...maybe two... if we had consistent, good QB play. Imagine having Trask on our team. We would be fighting for the top of the East.

Lol, you've watched all six games, and really believe that we are only (developed) talent-deficient at the QB position?
We should be 4-2 with a competent Qb and would of been more competitive in the other two. I don’t think you realize how much bad Qb play can have a negative impact and break the spirit of the rest of the team. The Kentucky game is the perfect example.

Reactions: jarnol32
I would feel pretty confident if we had a QB that matched the OL but that still has to shake out and right now, JG is still the weakest link, or at least the most unpredictable one. If HB was in his 2nd year starting I would be gunning for them all but I think it will take one more year before the East is a plausible bet.

Gandalf-strodamus...

Last edited:
There is no other fan base in this country that so overrates their coaches quite like Tennessee.

The only coach a Tennessee fan never thought was worth a damn is the only one to actually win anything....Fulmer.

Yeah, about that.

There is no other fan base in this country that so overrates their coaches quite like Tennessee.

The only coach a Tennessee fan never thought was worth a damn is the only one to actually win anything....Fulmer.
No actually Johnny Majors did quite well here as well and won a couple of SEC titles along the way...If not for Alabama he might have gotten one at Tennessee.

No actually Johnny Majors did quite well here as well and won a couple of SEC titles along the way...If not for Alabama he might have gotten one at Tennessee.

Would of been true if he said "modern history" I suppose but he said "ever" which just makes him look stupid. But he is a gator fan, you can't have one without the other after all.

Reactions: VOLnMiami
couldn't get past Dobyns Bennett

LOL. True. DB looks good this year. I think Maryville will end their season Friday but am not completely ruling out the upset. I am thinking about going to the game. It may be the best football I see in the Knoxville area this year.

VN Store

Back