Tennessee has put college football on notice

How many games can we win the rest of the season- 2 or 3? Is UAB tougher than some think? They are 6-1 but may not have played anyone. Can we beat Kentucky and Vandy? South Carolina and Missouri will be tough!
Look after what we showed the country last night standing toe to toe with #1 Alabama. We don’t have anymore excuses we can play with the best. There’s no more questions about who we are and what we’re capable of.. We play every game hence forth like we played Bama ... NO EXCUSES NOT ANYMORE Orange ✊Orange ✊Orange
WE GOT THE JUICE BACK

Reactions: FortSanders
This again? In 2019? Fans are everywhere.

Florida won v SC in spite of horrible first half officiating against them. A resilient 7-1 team.

If SC could overcome a few bad calls like Florida had to, they and their fans wouldn’t be bellyaching today.
Jabar Gaffney blew any credibility you folks have on officiating opinions.

Look after what we showed the country last night standing toe to toe with #1 Alabama. We don’t have anymore excuses we can play with the best. There’s no more questions about who we are and what we’re capable of.. We play every game hence forth like we played Bama ... NO EXCUSES NOT ANYMORE Orange ✊Orange ✊Orange
WE GOT THE JUICE BACK
Are you predicting we win out? As we stood toe to toe with BAMA-we should be able to beat anyone.

How many games can we win the rest of the season- 2 or 3? Is UAB tougher than some think? They are 6-1 but may not have played anyone. Can we beat Kentucky and Vandy? South Carolina and Missouri will be tough!

I think they’ll win 5 if they keep improving and being the intensity they did last night. Maurers status has a lot to do with it also.

I think they’ll win 5 if they keep improving and being the intensity they did last night. Maurers status has a lot to do with it also.
God Bless you! You think we'll win five, IF they keep improving-how likely do think this improving is going to be? IF they don't keep improving at the needed speed, how many do we win?

They haven’t done squat. Keep telling yourself that.

True, they haven’t accomplished much yet, but I for one am optimistic about the future. Defense is flying around and gangtackling. Offensive line is becoming a good group, they gave a good account of themselves last night. I can see improvement in effort, technique, and competitive nature which Momma called a mean streak. The wins will need to come of course, but I realistically understand where this program and roster were two years ago.

God Bless you! You think we'll win five, IF they keep improving-how likely do think this improving is going to be? IF they don't keep improving at the needed speed, how many do we win?

Ok, I say 5 period. KY, Vandy, UAB and toss up between USC and Mizzou both of those teams are schizophrenic. They will keep improving as they have, as young players do.

Ok, I say 5 period. KY, Vandy, UAB and toss up between USC and Mizzou both of those teams are schizophrenic. They will keep improving as they have, as young players do.
Thanks for the clean and equivocating answer! So many (and many of this very board) can't seem to man up, and always want to add, if, maybe, could be...blahblahblah. It has taken CINCYVOL to show you the way. I don't think we can climb that hill, 5 more, 5 in a row-I don't feel it, as much as anything else. UT has also showed up with two different teams depending on the game-now with the QB problem, winning five in a row would be a real kick in the butt for our entire program-but wishing isn't going to make it happen.

Don’t post much. Lurk periodically. I’ve seen notable improvement in this team. What else can you ask for? Only idiots expect immediate success. Only other idiots listen to that gobshite. W/L means nothing this year. Or next year. Continued STEADY improvement does, however.

That is all.
How do you see improvement if win/loss means nothing, it means everything.

Reactions: 08Vol and I40flyer
Our Vols took the #1 team in the country to the final minutes of the game. The O-line manhandled the Alabama defense. The offense sustained long drives. The defense held the mighty Bama offense in check. This team is starting to come together. They are tough, hungry and young. Alabama, the SEC, and the rest of college football are now on notice. We are coming for you, we are not backing down.
We will be fortunate to beat Vandy and Kentucky. You gotta have at least a serviceable q.b. To win. Love the unbridled optimism,

Reactions: 08Vol
Our Vols took the #1 team in the country to the final minutes of the game. The O-line manhandled the Alabama defense. The offense sustained long drives. The defense held the mighty Bama offense in check. This team is starting to come together. They are tough, hungry and young. Alabama, the SEC, and the rest of college football are now on notice. We are coming for you, we are not backing down.
Lets not forget that Butch had Florida beat at Florida up until the last minute. Lets not forget that Butch had Alabama beat at Alabama up until the last minute. I am trying to figure out why this particular game is being reacted to so much differently by all the people on this board. Somebody, please explain to me what the difference is.

Lets not forget that Butch had Florida beat at Florida up until the last minute. Lets not forget that Butch had Alabama beat at Alabama up until the last minute. I am trying to figure out why this particular game is being reacted to so much differently by all the people on this board. Somebody, please explain to me what the difference is.

Butch had a team loaded with NFL talent with a dynamic QB and blew it because of bad coaching. Pruitt has frosh everywhere along with a bunch of scrubs.

One is being coached down and not fulfilling their full potential. The other is being coached up, improving their play and exceeding their potential.

Uhhh, they beat us by 22 without Tua most of the game and were going in for another score when Saban had them take a knee. We are far from putting out that notice.

I'm convinced this team can win out & finish 7-5, provided they "put on steam" like they did against Bama. That's a big if, but the light at the end of the tunnel is no longer another freight train.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
All they did was show that the program might not be lost for the foreseeable future like a lot of folks thought. There's good reason for optimism. Alabama's defense isn't what it used to be and their offense clearly takes a step back without Tua. Georgia has shown some weaknesses. It was almost assumed that Alabama and Georgia were going to dominate the SEC for the next few years, but there are signs that it could be open starting next year.
LSU might have something to say about it, this year.
GBO!!

VN Store

Back