Tennessee has no shooters

I know that there are always eventualities in sports that can bring about defeat.....I get it......Look, Barnes will never get us past the elite 8 in BB. I watched his TX teams for years.
He could not even get close with Kevin Durant much less with Fulk (and I love Fulk). Barnes is here to bag an SEC title or two, maybe win the SEC
tournament a few times........he is not an elite coach, never will be......BUT he should never allow a team this good to lose to bammer or auBarn or
Ole Miss....should not happen, no matter who is in foul trouble or who has a hangnail, etc......shouldn't happen, but it did!

You obviously didn’t watch close enough. So many mention Kevin Durant and have no clue about that roster makeup. But that’s par for the course.

Lol. You probably didn’t even know that half of Bama’s teams are 4 stars.

Reactions: cardvolfan
You obviously didn’t watch close enough. So many mention Kevin Durant and have no clue about that roster makeup. But that’s par for the course.

Lol. You probably didn’t even know that half of Bama’s teams are 4 stars.
I know bammer BB is not on par with TN BB and we lost at home by double digits......I may not be a BB Jones like yourself, but I know we should beat
bammer at home, even if it's close and not lose to them in a non-competitive game by double digits......Iknow enough about BB to know that

This will be our downfall this year. We play good defense and have a descent post game but we don’t have any consistent shooters this year. We will see how the year plays out but I don’t see a pure one on the team.
I really don’t want to be complacent but can we just enjoy the fact we have a top 10 team we have good culture a team that wants to win and do the right things to win?

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
I know bammer BB is not on par with TN BB and we lost at home by double digits......I may not be a BB Jones like yourself, but I know we should beat
bammer at home, even if it's close and not lose to them in a non-competitive game by double digits......Iknow enough about BB to know that
You apparently don’t know enough about it to know that 71-63 isn’t double digits.

You apparently don’t know enough about it to know that 71-63 isn’t double digits.
Oh! Good for us.....We got it below double digits before the end of the game.......Hope you're happy with that moral victory...Light the cigars!

Bammer Basketball is actually one of only two SEC programs with a head-to-head winning record versus TN.

Reactions: VolGee4
I really don’t want to be complacent but can we just enjoy the fact we have a top 10 team we have good culture a team that wants to win and do the right things to win?
And that, my friend, is the essence of complacency.....do you think for a second that a bammer football fan or Kentucky or Duke BB fan would make such a statement? Content with being #7 for one week.....where do you surmise we will be in the next poll? Not in the top 10, I promise you that. This attitude of
acceptance and complacency is at the heart of the problem facing TN athletics as we move into the 2020s. We have to DEMAND excellence at every
level or bring in the kind of men who can deliver it....no more complicated than that!

And that, my friend, is the essence of complacency.....do you think for a second that a bammer football fan or Kentucky or Duke BB fan would make such a statement? Content with being #7 for one week.....where do you surmise we will be in the next poll? Not in the top 10, I promise you that. This attitude of
acceptance and complacency is at the heart of the problem facing TN athletics as we move into the 2020s. We have to DEMAND excellence at every
level or bring in the kind of men who can deliver it....no more complicated than that!

We actually didn’t lose by double digits...but whatever. Nate Oats has recruited well. He has talent.

Basketball is not a sport where you go undefeated. Losses happen to every team. But your response is kind of typical for what we get at UT. Casual fans who just provide drive-bys. Have you ever responded when we won big games? Like 2 years ago when we won 20-something games by double digits?

Oh! Good for us.....We got it below double digits before the end of the game.......Hope you're happy with that moral victory...Light the cigars!

It’s calked attention to details when making an argument. Hard to take your argument seriously when your facts are wrong. You probably don’t even know who else played on Kevin Durant’s Texas team to make such a comment.

Duke has 16 Final Fours and TN has 8 Sweet 16s.

We actually didn’t lose by double digits...but whatever. Nate Oats has recruited well. He has talent.

Basketball is not a sport where you go undefeated. Losses happen to every team. But your response is kind of typical for what we get at UT. Casual fans who just provide drive-bys. Have you ever responded when we won big games? Like 2 years ago when we won 20-something games by double digits?
I have not, my friend....I'm new to the site. I admit that I am more passionate about football, but I do follow TN basketball as much as I can. Maybe bammer is better than we are this year........I just didn't see this coming. Maybe the elevated ranking made me think this was our year. I will try to stay better informed......Go Vols

yeah...wimp sanderson "turned the tide" on us for a few years. He even took a few tournaments from the "mildcats" back in the day.

CM Newton was maybe better than Wimp. He had Bama in the top 3 in the SEC in 8 of his last 9 years and was 4th in the other. But Wimp won 5 SEC tournaments which is pretty amazing. Neither one took Bama to the Final Four although Newton was there when it was much more difficult to even get an invitation to the NCAAT.

I have not, my friend....I'm new to the site. I admit that I am more passionate about football, but I do follow TN basketball as much as I can. Maybe bammer is better than we are this year........I just didn't see this coming. Maybe the elevated ranking made me think this was our year. I will try to stay better informed......Go Vols

Just because they beat us one game out of 30 doesn’t mean they are better. Happens all of the time...every year.

CM Newton was maybe better than Wimp. He had Bama in the top 3 in the SEC in 8 of his last 9 years and was 4th in the other. But Wimp won 5 SEC tournaments which is pretty amazing. Neither one took Bama to the Final Four although Newton was there when it was much more difficult to even get an invitation to the NCAAT.
I remember wimp fairly well, but have only heard about CMN as a coach. Must be tough to coach any sport that is not called football at bammer

Lol we have it teams get beat you’ve demanded excellence from our football team and it’s gotten worse and worse , I want to be the best but my point is we have the coach in place to provide us that , we have the players that want to correct it , we do not have that in football

You don’t know that much about basketball, lol it doesn’t matter where you play we didn’t have a packed house and when teams get hot it’s tough to win games when you aren’t shooting well, the guard from Purdue that lit us up would never have another shooting night like that in his life but he did for a game and we were sent packing

Why are you being so aggressive, bud? The bball forum is way more chill than football, until bruin and bto get going at each other.

Reactions: Vols1313
They’re not , it’s basketball it happens much diff game than football

We were due for a bad game, but in crunch time you have to have someone to step up and make a outside shot, and sometimes we dont have that.

Reactions: KKruzVFL

VN Store

Back