Tennessee has largest margin of victory among power ranked teams.

Probably the only team that played a D2 team, however, so not unexpected. We did what we should have done, which beats the alternative. Louisiana will provide a stiffer year, but I like that we got in some warmup games against Davidson, Tusculum, and Lenoir Rhyne before advancing in competition to teams like Louisiana, GT, and Louisville.

Reactions: LowKey
Heck ya, that's better than the Duke win right there o_O
Not even close, but then again I don't post on Duke's message board :rolleyes:. UT seemed off to a good start is all. Auburn and UK are big obstacles this year as well. That was an epic drumming of UK. I like that they are beatable. Especially by 34 pts.

I had not paid attention yesterday...I was pleasantly surprised to see that Kentucky was beaten like the mangy government mules they are. May it be a sign of things to come Saturday!

I think I was mocked by the b-ball forum Gestapo for talking about Duke when they were on their summer tour.
“They haven’t played anyone!”
Well, they just dismantled UK.
The writer used the term ceiling, which is the exact term I used. I love my Vols, but people are delusional if they think UT is even close to Duke.

I think I was mocked by the b-ball forum Gestapo for talking about Duke when they were on their summer tour.
The writer used the term ceiling, which is the exact term I used. I love my Vols, but people are delusional if they think UT is even close to Duke.

I love when people talk in absolutes like you. "Delusional if you think (insert stupid comment here)".

There isnt a team in the country that TN can't play with. Duke had 1 good game, don't go full re tard just yet, March is a long ways off

Let's see...

1) We don't know how good UK is. They could have a down year.

2) UK usually starts off the season shaky and gets better as March approaches.

3) In College Basketball, how a team performs on one night is rarely indicative of how good they are. Unless you truly believe that last year's Wofford team was better than UNC.

I imagine a Duke vs. UT match-up would look much different that the match-up with UK yesterday. Not saying that we would win the game, but UK had no defense and looked confused the entire game. What if UT came out and frustrated Duke defensively? How do the freshmen fare for Duke in that situation? There is no way you can make any judgment on the match-up between UT and Duke at this point in the season, and if you think you can, you are the delusional one.

I love when people talk in absolutes like you. "Delusional if you think (insert stupid comment here)".

There isnt a team in the country that TN can't play with. Duke had 1 good game, don't go full re tard just yet, March is a long ways off

5DF9AD07-AC43-47F1-BCF9-33C5D1E270DA.png

We won't have long to wait to find out. Good chance we play the team that is supposed to be better than Duke on the 23rd. Guarantee you it won't be a 30+ point beat down either way.

Coach C lets his boys get beat up at first so they'll listen to him later...dealing with that many egos is tough...:D

GO VOLS!
Coach Barnes doesn't seem to have a problem with that. Gotta love the way he has handled the program so far.

Sorry but point of margin of points won by is by no means an indicator of how good this team is. We saw the GT game and the lack of production of making FG's from the field and the length of time we went without a basket, not to continue to harp about FT % was horrible. This team has a lot to work on and are by no means right now a final 4 team as the announcers harped on vs GT. Right now I'm worried about how the season plays out. We have the talent to compete with anyone anywhere but right now we seem to be missing something I can't put my finger on.

I love our players and team, and coach but we need to calm our expectations because we have some areas to tiddy up before we claim them SEC Champs or a final 4 pencil in. We have a ton of work and I hope CRB get's these kids heads right. I'm not a Debbie downer but I expected to see UT much better. Some teams just play down to the opponent ,I get that, but the long periods of not scoring concerned me. Just seemed our team was sleep walking through the game. Would love to have been a fly on the wall after the game and CRB talking to his team.... I'm sure he wasn't pleased with the way they won.

Sorry but point of margin of points won by is by no means an indicator of how good this team is. We saw the GT game and the lack of production of making FG's from the field and the length of time we went without a basket, not to continue to harp about FT % was horrible. This team has a lot to work on and are by no means right now a final 4 team as the announcers harped on vs GT. Right now I'm worried about how the season plays out. We have the talent to compete with anyone anywhere but right now we seem to be missing something I can't put my finger on.

I love our players and team, and coach but we need to calm our expectations because we have some areas to tiddy up before we claim them SEC Champs or a final 4 pencil in. We have a ton of work and I hope CRB get's these kids heads right. I'm not a Debbie downer but I expected to see UT much better. Some teams just play down to the opponent ,I get that, but the long periods of not scoring concerned me. Just seemed our team was sleep walking through the game. Would love to have been a fly on the wall after the game and CRB talking to his team.... I'm sure he wasn't pleased with the way they won.
As with most teams this early in a 6 month season, our guys are searching for their identity. We do have a leg up in that we return a core that has played together 3 years. Our guys aren't learning a new system. they're tweaking and adding wrinkles. We have a better chance of finding consistency early because we return so much experience. Barnes message to his guys was , Gonna be days like this, when the ball doesn't bounce into the hole. Not worried. It's very early. we'll know plenty after Thanksgiving.

UT basketball had the Grunfeld, King years.....then the Bruce Pearl years...and now this one. I forget which year it was exactly...but the season we lost to Michigan State...shoulda been a final four year. Never seen so many close shots at the rim that were missed in my life. In...and out of the hoop. Thought we were better than them...just didn't happen.

We are missing something, the 6th man of the year who some would say is our 3rd or 4th best all around player! There is nothing wrong with this club I feel. We'll know a bunch more this time next week.

We are missing something, the 6th man of the year who some would say is our 3rd or 4th best all around player! There is nothing wrong with this club I feel. We'll know a bunch more this time next week.
If we only had someone that had a little eligibility left, someone that won an intramural championship and bleeds orange.

VN Store

Back