Tennessee has a clean slate thus far?

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
Not one hundred percent but I think any trouble or anything major has evaded us thus far this season. Coach discipline coach players respect one another huh? Nice.

Not one hundred percent but I think any trouble or anything major has evaded us thus far this season. Coach discipline coach players respect one another huh? Nice.

Sorta.

giphy.gif

Nuanced... but having practice early in the morning is a proven tactic for preventing those 3 AM traffic stops.

I hear what you are saying, but remember, these are 17-22 year old's. I can only speak for myself, but as a veteran, and I'm sure some others can attest, there we're many times when we were drinking at 3AM and had to show up super early to run with rucksacks on. Everyone in line for inspection and my commander always saying, "Everyone's in line but it looks like a damn flag waving you all are so hungover. 5 miles of running will fix that." And it always did, you know, til next time. I think it's just hard sometimes for us older fellas to remember being that age and and how indestructible we were. Go Vols! Beat the piss outta Ole Miss!!! I hope we make Lane want to quit and go back to USC again. lol

I hear what you are saying, but remember, these are 17-22 year old's. I can only speak for myself, but as a veteran, and I'm sure some others can attest, there we're many times when we were drinking at 3AM and had to show up super early to run with rucksacks on. Everyone in line for inspection and my commander always saying, "Everyone's in line but it looks like a damn flag waving you all are so hungover. 5 miles of running will fix that." And it always did, you know, til next time. I think it's just hard sometimes for us older fellas to remember being that age and and how indestructible we were. Go Vols! Beat the piss outta Ole Miss!!! I hope we make Lane want to quit and go back to USC again. lol
I just think that's part of it. Whatever they're doing discipline wise besides that seems to be working pretty well too.

Even if you reduce the number of stupid things like you describe... you lower the odds of someone being pulled over at 3 AM with a gun and bag of pot.

I remember a time in Great Lakes IL. I was in B school for ET. We were on a later schedule…11-8 for school. Me and some buddy’s got in about 4am after a night of carousing and a lot of drinking. The CC woke us up, or rather made us come too at 5:30 to do our PRT. That was the fastest mile and a half I ever ran. Threw up several times but but wouldn’t stop….didn’t want to do it again. Ran a7:32. Almost killed me.

Watch Tennessee lose 1 the rest of the way and the AA magically hand down the punishment.

I just think that's part of it. Whatever they're doing discipline wise besides that seems to be working pretty well too.

Even if you reduce the number of stupid things like you describe... you lower the odds of someone being pulled over at 3 AM with a gun and bag of pot.
I think it is due as much to respect as discipline. Pruitt ruled out of fear and degrading players. Heupel coaches with a positive approach to everything including mistakes. He uplifts the players and teaches them how to correct the problem. They in return are willing to give their best effort in return for his support. Amazing how that works.

Reactions: sjt18

VN Store

Back