Tennessee/Georgia

tennessee98

O-R-A-N-G-E
Will ESPN pick this game up primetime? I am assuming that CBS will have the LSU/Florida game at 3:30. They need to release the times soon. I have an all day event that Saturday I will need to sneak out of if it isnt a night game.

Like you said . . . I'd bet that this will end up being the ESPN night game.

Will ESPN pick this game up primetime? I am assuming that CBS will have the LSU/Florida game at 3:30. They need to release the times soon. I have an all day event that Saturday I will need to sneak out of if it isnt a night game.

ESPN has the first choice that week. Look for them to take the TN/Ga game in prime time.

Georgia media relations director Claude Felton said Saturday that ESPN "protected" the Tennessee game before the season and does not expect the cable network to change course. ESPN primetime telecasts kick off at 7:45. Official announcements for the league’s Oct. 7 games will be made Monday.

Some buddies of mine are taking our 2nd annual trip from Houston, TX to Athens when the Vols come to town. Last year was Auburn @ LSU...this year Tenn/UGA...and next year we'll be in Knoxville baby!!

What is the main Georgia fan site?

Florida could very possibly have 3 CBS games in a row... I already saw the promo for their game with Alabama on CBS for next weekend. After that they play LSU and at Auburn. If CBS gets first dibs and chooses the "best" game, you'd think they'd choose those.

yeah, 3:30EST... although the Florida/Tennessee game on CBS always seems to be at night. That's the only matchup I can think of that CBS shows that late.

I'm heading to the Georgia game with my buddy that is a Georgia Alumni. How hard do you think it will be for me to pick up a ticket in the TN section when I get down there? In the past I have always just found some Vol fans and they have always had an extra ticket for sale. Any thoughts?

I'm heading to the Georgia game with my buddy that is a Georgia Alumni. How hard do you think it will be for me to pick up a ticket in the TN section when I get down there? In the past I have always just found some Vol fans and they have always had an extra ticket for sale. Any thoughts?
I'm in the same boat. This will be the first time I've gone down w/o tix. Curious any advice Vol fans who have gone before w/o tix would give. Any good spots to scope for tix? What price should I expect to pay for a pair?

I'm in the same boat. This will be the first time I've gone down w/o tix. Curious any advice Vol fans who have gone before w/o tix would give. Any good spots to scope for tix? What price should I expect to pay for a pair?

The main ticket exchange is right at the bottom of the steps on the corner of Sanford and Baldwin Sts. It's right near the stadium and the student union. You might also try to scalp a single at the Big Orange tailgate tour in downtown Athens. The exact location is on the utsports.com website.

As far as prices, They are on eBay now for $100-150/ea and up.

I can't wait for this game!! The Vols will be the first serious threat the Dawgs have had this year. I don't think the UGA team is as good as advertised. I think we are going to catch them off guard. I don't think they'll be ready for our pass attack.

I might be overly optimistic, but as long as our D can maintain at least SOME pressure on UGA's troubled QB corps (especially young Stafford), I think the Vols win this one soundly.

Yes. Across from the stadium at the Tate Center is a good place. Or you can try North Campus across from downtown. Or you can try the south parking lot. Tailgaters have been shifted around so the places where you could usually catch them with extra tix are no longer there.

VN Store

Back