Tennessee Football is done

It hurts me to say this, but it's time we face the facts as a fanbase. This program will never be relevant in the SEC again. At least not any time soon. Bama and Georgia are getting too many elite athletes at too quick of a pace and Florida is about to be dominant again with Florida State and Miami falling apart along with them having the 2nd best coach in the SEC at the helm. Combine that with having to play 1 other team out of the west every year and a decent South Carolina program that seems to be improving, and it doesn't make for a promising outcome. There's no reason to think recruiting will pick up any time soon either. 7-5 doesn't sell any better than 5-7 when you're going up against Florida, Georgia, Bama, Auburn, and LSU for talent. Not to mention very few proven coaches want to coach in Knoxville. There may be years where an 9-3 finish happens, but there's no possibility of us going to Atlanta over the next 5-10 years unless it's for a kickoff game
And... ignore. Idiot.

200.gif

The bottom was last year. Look ahead. Go toward the light. This class is the real deal in the right places. I expect a lot fewer recruiting busts with Pruitt at the helm.

Yeah people forget all those high ranked classes butch got us and how that turned out. Kirby has won a lot of games with Richt’s recruits.

Reactions: SpookyAction
It hurts me to say this, but it's time we face the facts as a fanbase. This program will never be relevant in the SEC again. At least not any time soon. Bama and Georgia are getting too many elite athletes at too quick of a pace and Florida is about to be dominant again with Florida State and Miami falling apart along with them having the 2nd best coach in the SEC at the helm. Combine that with having to play 1 other team out of the west every year and a decent South Carolina program that seems to be improving, and it doesn't make for a promising outcome. There's no reason to think recruiting will pick up any time soon either. 7-5 doesn't sell any better than 5-7 when you're going up against Florida, Georgia, Bama, Auburn, and LSU for talent. Not to mention very few proven coaches want to coach in Knoxville. There may be years where an 9-3 finish happens, but there's no possibility of us going to Atlanta over the next 5-10 years unless it's for a kickoff game
You and Mitch Mustain been on any camping trips lately?

Whoever ever here is so down on Tennessee that you believe it cannot recover, needs your personal input to accomplish the task, or your mother's tit to suck on to make it better. Get the f out of here, go be a Bama, UGA, Gator, or Candy fan. Hell get the f out of the SEC and become a buckeye. Go. We don't need you, or honestly, want you around. You're like a mosquito buzzing in my ear, that stupid fly in the house I can't corner, the idiot drunk who shows up to the party that everyone rolls their eyes about. Go. Be gone, and don't come back, ever.

South Carolina got blown out in bowl appearance. Did not score a single point.
I have seen instance after instance in which programs struggled, then the right hire got things going in the right direction
Temple, Rutgers & UCF turned their programs around at one point by making the right hire
Boise State & Kentucky took the slower course to get relavent. We may have to take the slow road.
6 - 6 record, win bowl game, win all games we are favored to win, get an upset win occasionally, get players drafted in the 1st round in the NFL. Win SEC East. Play in New Years Day bowl......
That is the course Ky has taken

What is the purpose of this post? Is it just to be contrary. If you think Tennessee football is done than move on. It’s like when you realize Ms America isn’t going to go out with you, you move on to another girl. So I would suggest that the OP move on to another team.

Holy crap I’m so glad I found you! I was going to play the Power Ball lottery this week but I wasn’t sure on what numbers I should pick.

Thankfully you came along and can see the future! So please tell me Biff, what are the winning numbers this week? Cause I’d really like to be able to quit my job.

I will tell you one damn thing as a fan of 50 years this coming season we VOL NATION don't need fans like you if i was you i would find another team to root for yes Bama is killing it but after them i guess the dawgs can holler we almost beat bama and holler we are number 2 but they just got there azz kicked by a average Texas team you got Bama and Clemson and thats the only elite this is JP first full recruiting class that is his over half of the 18 class was JONES came in 2 weeks before signing day this is a process that will take at least 4 years so either hang in there or simple find another team to follow.

It's not over but it will take time. Unfortunately, we don't have the recruiting base of those other schools so we have to take the time to develop the talent we get.

You make a bold statement and then back peddle in the very next sentence? That's showing some courage of conviction right there. LOL! I would just go with "not any time soon" and leave it at that. "Never" is a very long time - too long in the world of college athletics... What are the 2 best programs in college football right now? Alabama and Clemson. They were both mediocre to terrible from 1995-2007. Once again, never is too long... Things can change quickly in college football.

VN Store

Back