*****Tennessee Football Coaching Search BIG BOARD [updated 12.4 10:47 am]

SIAP, but here is an article from a FSU board discussing their pursuit of Briles. Thought you guys might want to see what others are saying. The comment section seems to reflect that their fans believe he will choose us over the Seminoles.
Yeah I dont get going to a team with a hc that has his own offense. Wont turn out well.

Reactions: volgrad500
If I were a newly minted, defensive minded HC in the SEC looking to hire an OC, I would go after the guy for whom it would be a nightmare for me to prepare for.

Kendal Briles offense gives opposing DCs the night terrors.

If that’s the case you write a blank check to Kiffin at his same salary. i mean if that’s your barometer. It also helps Pruitt that he worked with Kiffin.

So win win right?

Gimmick offense does not have a solid history in the SEC. Defense to fast.

Define a gimmick offense. 40 years ago the forward pass was a gimmick. About 10 years ago I called Urban Myers offense a gimmick. I like to think I'm wiser now.

Offensive systems either work or they do not work. Honestly, Brile's system looks a lot like Kiffin's, and I think we have the personnel for it right now.

Reactions: vol1950
FWIW...it is Pruitt's team. He knows tje personnel he is recruiting and he jas his vision for what he wants his team to look like. Just got to trust the man. Not easy I know as we are still stuck in a 10 year plus nightmare, but I believe the man knows football. He also understands that this hire can make or break him. I believe he will get it right. Dawn is approaching folks even if it is still pitch dark out there.

If that’s the case you write a blank check to Kiffin at his same salary. i mean if that’s your barometer. It also helps Pruitt that he worked with Kiffin.

So win win right?
I could see that, Knoxville would hate him. However, do we write him a blank check or pay him his current salary?

SIAP, but here is an article from a FSU board discussing their pursuit of Briles. Thought you guys might want to see what others are saying. The comment section seems to reflect that their fans believe he will choose us over the Seminoles.

Freeze expected to take Liberty job, FSU focusing on Briles

Briles might choose FSU if he wants to be interim HC for1/2-1/3 of the 2019 season. Give him a chance to show off is HC chops if that's where he's angling his career path.

Reactions: volgrad500

VN Store

Back