*****Tennessee Football Coaching Search BIG BOARD [updated 12.4 10:47 am]

Why would we want to win 7 games and go to a lowly bowl game when we could avoid 3 weeks of practice and be home with our families? We could have done that in 2018.

I want to win all of them. I am just being realistic. The fact is we didn't win 7 games this year. I am just meaning 7 wins would be an improvement.

Reactions: onevol74
I want to win all of them. I am just being realistic. The fact is we didn't win 7 games this year. I am just meaning 7 wins would be an improvement.
I totally agree with you but we had that opportunity this year when Pruitt blew the USC game and the team quit on him at Vandy.

My 1st question for 2019 is if our players are going to buy in to this staff and program? Taking a wait and see stance on that.

Reactions: cgrish
Probably already said but I’m too lazy to look through all these posts. Bentley is apparently turning down auburn for OC. Auburn is having as much trouble as us.

There's also this

FSU Rivals mod: “Things are definitely fading with Kendal Briles and Tennessee. The combination of bringing along his offensive line coach, and philosophical differences between Briles and Pruitt, have really soured the potential for him ended up in Knoxville."

Doug Mattews on now stating that Fulmer told him this hire is up to CJP. Fulmer nor Anderson are pushing or vetoing any candidate.

Doug says the decision has been made and he sticks by his statement on Wednesday that this is basically a done deal. Doug does not know why there has not been an announcement.

Reactions: dduncan4163
This is just my opinion, but if it is an NFL guy they could possibly announce next Monday the 17th. If it is a college coach it may be the 24th or later depending on their bowl game or college playoffs. Of course, I don't know why you would wait on announcing for a college coach though.

Regardless of the WHO, I believe a lot of hype and momentum has been lost due to dragging this decision out. Appears recruits that we had momentium with are waning now because the future OC and strategy is in question again.

Reactions: Orange_Vol1321
Regardless of the WHO, I believe a lot of hype and momentum has been lost due to dragging this decision out. Appears recruits that we had momentium with are waning now because the future OC and strategy is in question again.
Because they're probably going to hire Lebby and promote Will Friend to Co OC. I have a feeling that Will Friend is going to end up costing Pruitt his job

Reactions: Orange_Vol1321

What Recruits are waning? Names? I have seen 2 offensive players commit without a OC including a 4* QB?

Reactions: VOLATNES
Doug Mattews on now stating that Fulmer told him this hire is up to CJP. Fulmer nor Anderson are pushing or vetoing any candidate.

tenor.gif

VN Store

Back