*****Tennessee Football Coaching Search BIG BOARD [updated 12.4 10:47 am]

My A-list: (Ecstatic if we hire)
Hugh Freeze (Don't tell the pastor, but he knows offense well)
Kliff Kingsbury (He's been an SEC OC, Big 12... prolific offenses)
Jim Chaney (currently a stud OC in the SEC, he's been here before)

B List: (Not bad, could do worse)
Jim McElwain (There wasn't anything wrong with him when he was just a coordinator. Didn't pan out as a HC but sometimes that's just not their thing)
Jim Bob Cooter (Has NFL experience, connected to program. Has at times shown good promise as an OC)
Chip Lindsay (Knows the SEC well, generally runs the kind of offense Pruitt would like to run, we know he can score on Bama)

C List: (Not that excited, but would give it a chance)
Tom Cable (like him more as an OL Coach)
Bryan McClendon (Great recruiting, C+ play calling)
Trooper Taylor (some are quick to knock this, but his track record looks good in terms of player development)
Tee Martin (I'm not sure it's a great idea to hire another USC person)
Freddie Kitchens (Looked good last week, but very short track record)
Dan Enos (for what it's worth, Tua looks insanely good, but has no OC experience)
Bobby Petrino (he is good but always in trouble)

D List: (Burn the stadium down)
Will Friend

while we are just throwing out names how about Cutcliff, Chaney or DeBord, Larry Scott, Mike Bejakian, or even Clawson just bring them all back for like a reunion tour of former OC have them each be a postion coach here at our lovely school.

Reactions: Vols All Day
tenor.gif
Double D, you have fallen in love with the GIF, lol.

Reactions: dduncan4163
My preferences (in no order) are Cliff Kingsbury or Larry Fedora. Kingsbury got a raw deal at Techas and Fedora had OC experience with the Gators. Jim Bob Cooter would be 1st choice if I thought he would come home.

Give me Freeze or give me death

This is highly unlikely if Auburn has interest. Freeze and Malzahn are extremely close. We'd have to pay him an insane amount of money to choose us over Auburn. I mean like $2M annually. One would think that Malzahn being on the hot seat might make Freeze nervous, but whoever gets Freeze essentially gets a head coach in waiting. He can go wherever he wants without expecting to move his family again for a long time. I can't imagine a realistic scenario where Freeze would tell Malzahn no, because offering $2M for an OC is probably not realistic.

This is highly unlikely if Auburn has interest. Freeze and Malzahn are extremely close. We'd have to pay him an insane amount of money to choose us over Auburn. I mean like $2M annually. One would think that Malzahn being on the hot seat might make Freeze nervous, but whoever gets Freeze essentially gets a head coach in waiting. He can go wherever he wants without expecting to move his family again for a long time. I can't imagine a realistic scenario where Freeze would tell Malzahn no, because offering $2M for an OC is probably not realistic.

They may be close friends, but that's two HUGE offensive coordinator egos that would have to get along in sync. And Gus is an a$$hat to start off with. I can see Pruitt turning the entire offense over to Freeze within parameters of his overall offensive/defensive philosophy.

Reactions: Big Al Orange

VN Store

Back