*****Tennessee Football Coaching Search BIG BOARD [updated 12.4 10:47 am]

I would love to see Peyton Manning take the OC position and immediately upgrade our O-line and QB positions. I know Peyton won’t take it but, I’d sure give him a call.

That call should absolutely be made -- first, to see if he really might take it, and second, as a courtesy to Peyton. It would be a phenomenal hire, but I don't see CJP doing it.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I'll try to update this as info comes along. Just throwing out names at this point that have been mentioned by those covering the program. If you have anything to add, help me out by posting it in this thread.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tennessee Vols offensive coordinator search BIG BOARD

Hugh Freeze former Ole Miss head coach (wikipedia)
  • This one has legs, according to Jesse Simonton.
  • "I am being told that the No. 1 target for the as their next OC is Hugh Freeze but there may be some hoops to jump through. But he is the leader in the clubhouse." - Darren McFarland
  • "Both Auburn & Tennessee have interest in Hugh Freeze I’ve been told my multiple people. Will be interesting to watch other candidates come forward." - Trey Wallace

Chip Lindsay Auburn offensive coordinator (official Auburn site bio)
  • "Auburn OC Chip Lindsay is very interested in Tennesse job along with others." -- Trey Wallace

Freddie Kitchens Cleveland Browns offensive coordinator (official Browns bio)

Will Friend current Tennessee offensive line coach (official Tennessee bio)

Dan Enos Alabama QB coach (official Alabama bio)

Joe Osovet current Tennessee quality control coach, player development (official Tennessee bio)
  • "you can’t discount Jeremy Pruitt simply reorganizing his current staff (Will Friend, Chris Weinke, Brian Niedermeyer) and promoting a John Lilly or Joe Osovet." -Simonton
John Lilly current Assistant to the Head Coach at Tennessee (official Tennessee bio)
  • "you can’t discount Jeremy Pruitt simply reorganizing his current staff (Will Friend, Chris Weinke, Brian Niedermeyer) and promoting a John Lilly or Joe Osovet." - Simonton
Josh Niblett head coach Hoover High School (AHSFHS bio)
  • "I've been texted Josh Niblett's name a couple times. I don't see it with the Hoover HC. But Niblett does have strong connections to Pruitt." -Simonton
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTES/UPDATES

Monday 11.26
  • 1:14 p.m. Added Josh Niblett.
  • 1:21 p.m. Hubbs says Tennessee won't be in a hurry, which means an NFL guy is possible. Pruitt knows how critical this hire is.

Hire Chip Lindsay? Only reason he wants to be a Vol is because he is about to get fired.

Reactions: YankeeVol
Why would Freeze take a risk at Auburn? It's possible Gus might be gone next year. The only upside of that risk is that Auburn might put him in as HC. If he's wanting to get back to being a HC then I guess Auburn might be his best and quickest path. If he's looking to rehabilitate his image before trying a HC job again then UT is where he needs to go.

Stidham's decision on going to the draft or not may have a bearing on Freeze at AU.

And we know they have zero incentive to leave their current jobs.

Yes, the only possible incentive I can think of is more money. If we did that, it would be overpaying them.

Sam and Jim are loaded talent-wise for a few years, so I wouldn't even consider them to be a serious contenders.

Plus, they are both getting a bit long in the tooth and aren't in the best of health.

VN Store

Back