*****Tennessee Football Coaching Search BIG BOARD [updated 12.4 10:47 am]

it said a deal was in place for Hugh Freeze to be OC at TN...
said deal was done
141531-cameras-feature-unexplained-mysteries-and-paranormal-events-image1-trcpcb6kjk.jpg

Is the spotlight is on Hugh Freeze?

Depends on if Locksley goes to Maryland or not. If the Alabama OC job doesn't become vacant, it sounds like there actually is a decent chance Freeze could come here, which I didn't think was possible a few days ago.

That's why Pruitt has to talk to Lindsey/Enos/etc. and keep them in the mix.

Enos will be Saban's next OC if Locksley leaves for Maryland.

I wouldn't bet much on that proposition. I bet it'd be Freeze. Saban tried to hire Freeze last year.

He tried to hire him as an analyst not a Coordinator. Word down here in Bammer land is Enos is next up for OC. Players love him and Saban trusts him. And would keep offensive continuity. Freeze to Ala is just pure media BS.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Ill be honest, Im rewatching the Tennessee/Auburn game from this year & Auburn's offense looks pretty similar to what Helton called for us this year. I feel like the more we get into this OC search the more we should admit that Helton's offense was almost entirely limited by his players not the schemes.

Yea it was reported Saban wanted him on the field but higher ups in Tuscaloosa didn't want him with an on the field job. It could have gone either way if the SEC had approved it.
If Saban wanted him on the field, he would've been on the field. Saban is the most powerful person at that University and probably the entire state.

Reactions: FBtime
Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt is in the researching process, but we believe things could get ramped up in the next couple of days after tomorrow's games. It's our understanding Pruitt is in the process of researching candidates and has spoken to multiple coaches. From sources, we believe he's talked with Chip Lindsey and Mike Locksley and believe he's had discussions with Hugh Freeze. There are other coaches he has talked to and could talk to as well.

Part of the process in Pruitt having these conversations is him talking to these coaches potentially about other possible candidates, because he knows these coaches, and thus these conversations may not necessarily be formal interviews because he talks to some of them frequently. In Lindsey's case, he and Pruitt have known each other a long time so Pruitt has plenty of familiarity there and with other coaches.
Patrick Brown

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
I wouldn't say that. Bryant JR is the most powerful person at Alabama.
Not since Saban showed up and started winning titles. His influence has really waned in recent years. He also isn't on the BoT anymore. I think some people, even allies of his, think he went too far in killing UAB's football program. Came off as (and was) extremely, extremely petty.

Just what I'm hearing from Ala people I know and trust. Of course they could be wrong but those same ones told me Lupoi would be promoted to DC before it happened so who knows.
Enos would likely stay at bummer if Freeze were hired there anyway as it would allow him to learn from Freeze a couple of years, become OC down the road and possibly HC if and when saban kills over.
Enos is a stud coach for them, but so were Pruitt and Smart and Jimbo and.... so who knows for sure.

Not since Saban showed up and started winning titles. His influence has really waned in recent years. He also isn't on the BoT anymore. I think some people, even allies of his, think he went too far in killing UAB's football program. Came off as (and was) extremely, extremely petty.

Bryant had to retire because they have a rule you can't keep that position if you're over 70. Bryant's bank is what ties everything together. I do agree him blocking USB from hiring Jimbo and helping kill UAB's program was shady but what in Tuscaloosa isn't?

Bryant had to retire because they have a rule you can't keep that position if you're over 70. Bryant's bank is what ties everything together. I do agree him blocking USB from hiring Jimbo and helping kill UAB's program was shady but what in Tuscaloosa isn't?
I don't deny that Bryant Jr. is an influence, but he isn't more than Saban. Saban is the rainmaker and makes the whole thing go around now. If there were ever some battle between the two of them, Saban would win 100% of the time.

Enos would likely stay at bummer if Freeze were hired there anyway as it would allow him to learn from Freeze a couple of years, become OC down the road and possibly HC if and when saban kills over.
Enos is a stud coach for them, but so were Pruitt and Smart and Jimbo and.... so who knows for sure.

That could definitely happen or Enos could follow Locksley to Maryland and be his OC. Of course Locksley may not even get the Maryland job. He didn't fare well his first go around as a HC but does have Maryland ties. Enos has SEC OC playcalling. Hopefully we hire him and we won't have to worry about him at Bammer.

Ill be honest, Im rewatching the Tennessee/Auburn game from this year & Auburn's offense looks pretty similar to what Helton called for us this year. I feel like the more we get into this OC search the more we should admit that Helton's offense was almost entirely limited by his players not the schemes.
uh yeah....

VN Store

Back