Tennessee fanbase is an asset.

I was at the game as well, I can promise you the fans showed the entire country, and recruits, that Tennessee is still alive and well. We are just awaiting to be awoken. Lord help the United States of America if our football team starts winning again.

The trash throwing is the only thing being talked about by the national media since the Ole Miss game. It just further shows their disconnect from the common fan and game of football. I also tend to think they like talking about Tennessee because they know our fan base is passionate and voluminous so it increases ratings and viewership.

Our fanbase is absolutely an asset. The sports media is nothing more than a bunch of woke snowflakes. The last time I checked, Tennessee fans don't commit murder when we lose. I guess they can't disturb their Bammer slurpfest long enough to write much about that. GBDO!

Consider what kids these days will do to simply get a like on social media. They are not going to go to a school because they expect to hear "Jolly good show old sport!" from a bunch of old guys. They want an entire sea of maniacal screaming bloodthirsty fans who worship them.

Most of you guys may not really understand what it is to feel that love of the crowd at that level, not having been on a really big stage. I once had the opportunity to speak to over 100k people (plus TV, etc) at an event and it is something. Its almost like a gravitational force when that many people are giving you their full attention - wave of electricity you can feel. And mind you, these were just attendees, not rabid fans. I have also spoken at events of 5k or so and it is similar but its really something when its a sea of people.

Its why musicians do live shows, to feel the love of the crowd, politicians too. When they are absolutely nuts fans (and hopefully hot chicks among them) screaming your name, going berserk - yeah, that is what you run through that T and come to Neyland for in the first place.

Few guys are going to the big show but here many players will have the opportunity, if but for a few years, to feel almost worshiped as a demi-god. That's not going to hurt recruiting at all.

Our fanbase is absolutely an asset. The sports media is nothing more than a bunch of woke snowflakes. The last time I checked, Tennessee fans don't commit murder when we lose. I guess they can't disturb their Bammer slurpfest long enough to write much about that. GBDO!
Every time they win a championship or lose a game a blood sacrifice must be given apparently.

Reactions: 90 Vol
So, a Bama fan and another Bama fan was arguing over how bad they lose, and one shot him over it.🥶

I honestly don't know which is more nauseating; the trash who were throwing things at the people on the field or dopes like this trying to justify it. The criticisms he's whining about are dead on.
It was sad, embarrassing , and childish. That said, the amount of national media Pearl clutching over it is also pretty sad, embarrassing, and childish.

It was sad, embarrassing , and childish. That said, the amount of national media Pearl clutching over it is also pretty sad, embarrassing, and childish.
Anyway you cut it, the reputation of the University of Tennessee suffered a massive blow last weekend. It's a black mark that's going to last. Those clowns trying to justify what happened aren't helping the problem.

Anyway you cut it, the reputation of the University of Tennessee suffered a massive blow last weekend. It's a black mark that's going to last. Those clowns trying to justify what happened aren't helping the problem.
You’re so full of it it’s ridiculous. You have zero knowledge about how long any of this will last. You’re obviously the type of person that lets others tell them how to think. Throwing stuff on the field was dumb but your take on the matter is dumber. Go ahead and root for Arky. I’m sure you’re so embarrassed to be a TN fan.

You’re so full of it it’s ridiculous. You have zero knowledge about how long any of this will last. You’re obviously the type of person that lets others tell them how to think. Throwing stuff on the field was dumb but your take on the matter is dumber. Go ahead and root for Arky. I’m sure you’re so embarrassed to be a TN fan.
I mean it's pretty clear the guy typed that up to make himself feel more righteous.

If by “reputation” you mean what the sports media thinks about us, well most on here and most in that stadium could not care less about that “reputation”

As for "passionate fanbase", what kind of honorable, decent, law abiding fan would hurl a full water bottle or golf ball at people on the playing field in an attempt to hurt them?
Do you think you can make that call, that people were throwing stuff specifically with an _intent_ to injure?

It's a rhetorical question, so I'll go ahead and answer it. No, you can't. Was it stupid and thoughtless? Yes. Are you apparently trying to make it into a definitive "people were trying to harm other people" when there's nothing to substantiate that? Also yes.

People did get hurt. But to say that anyone _intended_ more than to just lob stuff at or toward the field in a moment of stupidity, is a pretty bold statement. Did someone tell you that was their goal?

Edit: I'll give you the golf ball, though. I don't know who the heck brings a golf ball to a football game :D

Reactions: CaliVol2009
As for "passionate fanbase", what kind of honorable, decent, law abiding fan would hurl a full water bottle or golf ball at people on the playing field in an attempt to hurt them?
Good grief. Plastic bottles are intended to hurt people? Really?
It's a football game with raucous fired up college kids who care deeply about the team. This isn't a theatre event or orchestra concert. I'm fully confident 18-20 year-old football players eat this stuff up. They don't care about the wine and cheese crowd turning their noses up at the rabid fans. Don't allow the media elites to drag you around by your nose.

VN Store

Back