Tennessee fanbase is an asset.

All this long suffering and dead loyal fan base needs is just a tiny bit of hope. A sliver of encouragement. Some small sign of life and caring from a moribund program and they'll show up in spades! There's no finer, more loyal and hungry fan base in the entire country. Through 15-20 years of sucking to the nth degree and they still show out like they did last weekend. It was amazing despite the frustration of garbage/biased officiating sparking a reaction from them.

TN fan base is much needed. Perhaps the goings on Saturday night will put some fear in future opponents. Let me provide anecdotal evidence. Mind you....I would never want to be like the UF garbage fans I observed in 93. But....

And friend and I were enrolled at UT and travelled to root for Shuler, et al vs the gators in the swamp. We lost. It wasn't pretty. But anytime the gators did something good(TD, sack, turnover) the upper deck above the visitor's section would erupt with cups and piss bombs, etc, down upon the Volunteer fans below. There were a few times it was an absolute shower. This was not out of anger or frustration. Just how they celebrated a win.

I swore I'd never go back to that crap hole. Repeat, I never want to be like those garbage folks. But it worked. If I never go back, advantage them.

I'd like nothing better tomorrow than for Tennessee to not just upset Bama, but win by, oh say, 20 points. For no other reason than to see our worst critics squeal and squirm, and hunt lies and excuses about the UT and its fans. The those same fans mail water bottles to those critics, with a card simply saying, We bad."

Considering what has been happening in our nation over the past several years with protests and rioting, fans are going to react to unfairness when it rears its ugly head. Where is the national media to talk about Kiffin's shenanigans and the touchdown that was called back? I mean, the official was running with our guy and then they changed their minds. What gives?

Wrong is wrong of course, and throwing debris is out of line. But it was an overreaction to what was happening on the field. I will forgive those who went off the rails and let them know its not needed. Keep acting with integrity -- always.
]

I would think this incident will be long gone and forgotten as soon as the media has another story… whether it’s true or not …to latch on to. I’m still amazed at the people who will come on this board with opinions and comments that you know came directly from watching the news media. For the vast majority of Americans …..those days are long gone.

Who knows. The media in these days is worse than the National Enquirer of past eras. They report in narratives and care less about facts. Same guys that watched tens of thousands destroy property, kill people, and loot for a whole summer call what happened on January 6th "terrorism". They don't even pretend any more.

The same type of reporting occurs throughout the media. Someone doesn't like UT. Group think kicks in. Any dissenting voice is ostracized or silenced... and UT becomes the bad guy.

I have said the same about the Enquirer. I couldn't agree more.

Our fanbase is absolutely an asset. The sports media is nothing more than a bunch of woke snowflakes. The last time I checked, Tennessee fans don't commit murder when we lose. I guess they can't disturb their Bammer slurpfest long enough to write much about that. GBDO!

Media has become thecjerry springer of sports. They're like a bunch of emotionally driven pre-teen girls.

Has anyone read a new article damming TN since Wednesday? I haven't! Old news by now and will mostly be forgotten within a couple weeks

I honestly don't know which is more nauseating; the trash who were throwing things at the people on the field or dopes like this trying to justify it. The criticisms he's whining about are dead on.

So tired of people like you calling others trash. Just who the f do you think you are besides a disillusioned fool that thinks he is better, or has more worth than someone else . Just so you know, you’re **** stinks too.

As for "passionate fanbase", what kind of honorable, decent, law abiding fan would hurl a full water bottle or golf ball at people on the playing field in an attempt to hurt them?

My dad always insisted of sitting on the upper deck during the 80’s when we went to games so that we didn’t get hit with liquor bottles. It’s not the first time it has happened, nor will it be the last.

We finally hired a coach that “ gets it” love this guy:

“To 103,000 for four and a half hours being a difference in the football game, I just saw opportunity here,” added Heupel. “As great as my expectations were before I took the job, they’re even greater here. It’s a better experience. My wife, our kids, my coaching staff, their families, this is a special place.”

Reactions: BowlBrother85
As for "passionate fanbase", what kind of honorable, decent, law abiding fan would hurl a full water bottle or golf ball at people on the playing field in an attempt to hurt them?
Agree that was stupid. But to keep things in perspective, I’m old enough to remember that when we played at Auburn in the 70’s and early 80’s, they threw frozen oranges as our team ran on the field . This sort of stuff has been going on for decades

VN Store

Back