Tennessee DL Darel Middleton was arrested this morning on two charges.

So for those saying he should be "gone"... are you that strict in every other life situation? Do we need to throw the book at every college student who gets in a drunken fight? We're probably looking at about 50% of all college males and a not insignificant number of females.
Do you know that UT students are kicked out of school every month for being in drunken fights or using drugs? And that’s without the domestic assault

Selective readers will see what they want to see. If paid attention, my post was about men needing to be aware of the double standard when it comes to assault. That alone I suggested should be reason enough for them to not commit violence on women. I stated as an example the fact she hit him first but nothing is ever said about it. Now, if you want to mythologize in me defending Ray, go ahead. Selective readers are going to selective read. And they often will try to pull people to another direction than where they are going so the actual message gets lost in lying detours. Do what you wish, I'm done with you.
BS. Women get arrested for domestic assault all the time too

Hold your brakes. The Domestic Violence industry is a multi-billion dollar racket that incentives false accusations, false arrests and crazy women to lie in order to destroy their man. Anyone who assumes that a charge of Domestic Violence is true in today's politicized corrupt environment is very naive.
As someone who has arrested men and women for domestic violence, I can tell you that this is BS

There is some truth to a double standard regarding domestic assault. If a woman is the primary aggressor that starts punching first and you retaliate by punching back and causing major injury. You may be arrested or both arrested.

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
There is some truth to a double standard regarding domestic assault. If a woman is the primary aggressor that starts punching first and you retaliate by punching back and causing major injury. You may be arrested or both arrested.
You will both be arrested. The law requires it

It doesn’t happen often, although the law states you shall be arrested. The law states that the primary aggressor shall be arrested.
Not if it’s as you described in you post. “Retaliate by punching her back and causing injury”. And yes it happens often, women are arrested all the time as primary aggressors

There’s just so much more to it than we will ever know...which is the problem with incident reports that go public.

It is what it is, and will be what it will be.
Exactly....always is very telling of how aware some are on this forum when a player gets arrested.

‘Domestic assault’ could be anything, but I think if it’s violence against a woman-he’s gotta go.

that’s the behavior we should make an example of, but alas the NFL, etc etc

Not if it’s as you described in you post. “Retaliate by punching her back and causing injury”. And yes it happens often, women are arrested all the time as primary aggressors
Yeah, Many 5’2 120lbs. women are arrested vs. 6’2 280 lbs. men.

I’m not defending Middleton behavior, but a woman cannot breakup a fight between two 300 lbs men.

Reactions: maotai
BS. Women get arrested for domestic assault all the time too

Your bull may be using the wrong end for its excretion business. While it is true we're seeing more females being arrested for domestic violence, it's diluted by lenient judicial treatment compared to what men are hit with for the same behavior. The system even helps women make excuses for their actions. I stand by my original statement that men in general, and especially athletes should be very aware of the double standard, and this is a prime reason to not touch a female, even in retaliation unless she's armed with a knife, gun, or another item capable of inflicting grave harm. However, let's not go all anti-women here. The fact is society, in general, has deteriorated and is deteriorating into such a violent, inhumane, and self-centered mess and we have lost all sense of dignity and common sense on every level. Meanwhile:

Rethinking Domestic Violence Double Standards – The Daily Utah Chronicle

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mac-engel/article211284959.html

Hope Solo and the Surprising Truth About Women and Violence

Women and Violence: Society's Double Standard

Last edited:
Can't let something this one player did be a distraction for the entire Team. The others just need to learn from it!

Reactions: vettefool
Opinions as stupid as saying someone should be gone for public intoxication are dumb as hell and should be treated as such. Kids are dumb and make mistakes. Now the other business of domestic assault pruitt will have to sort out but your statement was that public intoxication is good enough for kicking him off the team.

And I stand beside that. Besides the guy is 23. No longer a kid. Good luck where ever you land DM. I truly wish you the best

Reactions: vettefool
I’m not defending Middleton behavior, but a woman cannot breakup a fight between two 300 lbs men.

I agree it's as bad as putting your hands down between two claws and fangs infected cats dead set on ripping each other apart.

I have a chance to make millions in the NFL. Think I'll shove the girlfriend around and screw up my opportunity to showcase my talent my senior year.

VN Store

Back