Tennessee didn’t get a single NFL Combine invite

What's up with that? Work harder....
c8e64377-7489-406a-a401-94f9eae1e688-USP_NCAA_Football__Alabama_at_Tennessee.JPG

Well this might sting for the ones who keep beating the "Butch left a lot of talent on the roster" drum.

Reactions: KBVol
How far into butchs tenure did you defend him? Not trying to say anything one way or another about Pruitt because he seems to be starting down the right path. Just curious.
I am not defending or will i ever defend Butch Jones. I belived he was in over his head from the start. He did get us to winning games. But you have to admit Josh Dobbs was the one who took care of alot of mistakes by his coaching.

I would've thought Alexis Johnson would've gotten an invite. He was unblockable in several games last year. That kid didn't get enough credit.

Reactions: Dobbs 4 Heisman
Sad thread. I just came by to cry in my beer. Who even cares? This thread should be on a rival teams board. All these sad-sack assed threads are getting ridiculous. We haven't been that good. Why would we have players in the combine? The real "dumpster-fire" is some of our pathetic fans. Sheesh. I hope we start winning again for some of you all more than for the school as a whole. It's really just pathetic (I'm using sad & pathetic too much, but it fits). Are you all adults, or children? Damn. Who gives a flip about the combine? Sexually confused cock watchers? Do you like seeing young men in tight pants? Or do you want some kind of sad-sack (there i go again) reaction from self loathing Vol fans? Looks like you got a few. ****. We've got an energetic new coach. Solid recruiting class. Our latest winning coach is running the Athletic Department. Things are looking up. And then this sad-assed ****. ****.

Tennesse didn't have any NFL quality players graduate or declare, not one, so it stands to reason that there were no combine invites.
The Vols were "taken to the woodshed" by Vanderbilt, let that sink in for a minute.

Tennesse didn't have any NFL quality players graduate or declare, not one, so it stands to reason that there were no combine invites.
The Vols were "taken to the woodshed" by Vanderbilt, let that sink in for a minute.

WAIT SO COLTON JUMPER DIDN'T MAKE THE NFL? SOMEONE CALL BUTCH

If I were GM for NFL team I can't think of any player for Vols 2018 team I would want to pay to play for my team sad how far this program has fallen. I think we will
get back to championship football with Pruitt leading the team,he is a real coach knows what it takes win SEC and nationally not happening overnight, I wish it would
GO VOLS...…...…………………...

I believe we have two more years ahead of us where the impact of BJ lack of player development will show itself. I also believe Coach P is doing all he can to try and overcome this time period with transfers and junior college players while developing his own recruiting classes.

X and Os are another matter. Only time will tell.
I don't expect a much better W-L record this season, but I do expect some higher quality of play on both sides of the ball. Like not having 124 teams ranked higher than us on offense at the end of the 2019 season.

Butch started to lose me at 4th one less than one in the Oklahoma game and then fully later in the year when he didn’t go for two in the Florida game as he appeared to have a chart with a misprint in it.

This all started when Chris Simms backed out on The Vols, and went to Texas. Simms amounted to SQUAT, and UT went straight to HELL. Pruitt is here to save us.

I can remember, several years ago, I was watching a Cowboy's game, and they made reference to a defensive back, making a play, from the University of Tennessee. His last name was Thomas, and he was a starter. For the life of me.......I could never remember him playing a down at UT.
Point being, you know your program is strong, when guys who do not even get a mention, at UT, are in the starting line-up of an NFL team. How far we've fallen.

Tuttle would have to actually be good for that to happen

This all started when Chris Simms backed out on The Vols, and went to Texas. Simms amounted to SQUAT, and UT went straight to HELL. Pruitt is here to save us.

Tennessee started to decline, once Cutcliffe left & once staff got lazy in recruiting front.
Lost out on recruiting of Cadallic Williams, Frank Gore, Jadevon Clowney, etc etc.
Could have had Ken Dorsey & Patrick Willis but didn't offer either a scholarship

Reactions: kbear01
Tennessee started to decline, once Cutcliffe left & once staff got lazy in recruiting front.
Lost out on recruiting of Cadallic Williams, Frank Gore, Jadevon Clowney, etc etc.
Could have had Ken Dorsey & Patrick Willis but didn't offer either a scholarship
The day they handed the reins over to Randy Sanders, the decent into Hell began.

If there is a way to link this thread to posts at the beginning of the season that made arguments about the level of Tennessee's talent based on recruiting rankings.

As has been said before, at some point you stop being a 4 star recruit and you start being what you do at the next level.

If there is a way to link this thread to posts at the beginning of the season that made arguments about the level of Tennessee's talent based on recruiting rankings.

As has been said before, at some point you stop being a 4 star recruit and you start being what you do at the next level.

“you are what your record says you are”
― Bill Parcells

Reactions: GBOx2 and tbh
The day they handed the reins over to Randy Sanders, the decent into Hell began.

Actually. Sanders did call a good game against Florida State.... In hind sight, knowing that Dave Clawson would replace Sanders, we should have kept Sanders.
2007 we played in SEC Championship game...

Actually. Sanders did call a good game against Florida State.... In hind sight, knowing that Dave Clawson would replace Sanders, we should have kept Sanders.
2007 we played in SEC Championship game...

I am getting old, sorry. I forget that Cutcliffe replaces Sanders when he was fired in 2005. I also forgot that Cutcliffe was O C in 2007, when we played in SECCG.

VN Store

Back