Tennessee defensive line coach Jimmy Brumbaugh out after just four games

So Pruitt is deflecting from his ineptness by firing the DL coach 🤷‍♂️ “scapegoat” anybody?

There is way more to this story than we know. It probably went something like this:
DL coach during a D meeting: “Guys, we’ve got to win these games for the O. They suck and JG has to be about the most useless and unskilled 5th year QB I’ve ever witnessed.”

Pruitt in the other room overhears: “Whoa, whoa, whoa coach. You can’t talk about my “Precious” like that. You’re out of here”.

Seriously, until it’s verified I believe he had a blow up with the other coaches after the game and things got a little edgy. The DL is not great but he isn’t the worst Line coach on the team. That title belongs to Will Friend.

Every D coach should be a little pissed at the O coaches at the moment. The O has crapped the bed too many times and left the D out there on an island to win the game alone.

It is somewhat funny.......O line coach.....your good.

QB coach......your good.

Head coach.......your good.

hate it for him.....I mean it’s not funny to or for him......just strange.......real problem areas.....good (for now I guess).
You're *

We get it you hate Pruitt
But damn, stop with this stupid thought of firing him
Grow up

Name all these successes who left and their accomplishments. I'll be waiting..........what are you inferring by using the term wildly?

My post was meant in sarcasm, but that being said, I wouldn’t mind seeing Brumbaugh move on to be successful (although it’s unlikely). You have an offensive line full of five stars that didn’t perform and have not developed any of the QBs but the defensive line coach is the sacrificial lamb? Just doesn’t make much sense.

I hate to say it, but I wonder if this isn't Pruitt being so focused and involved with the Defense and utterly inept and blind to the Offense...like completely, 100 percent hand off blind...if that's happening, Pruitt won't last much longer.

Reactions: tbh
Posted in this thread last night, there was a verbal altercation in front of the team during a scrimmage.
If that's the case then yeah, you got to cut a guy loose if there is no.way back from that...never been in that situation so I'm not sure how you as a head coach handle getting into it with an assistant in front of the team.

Yet another reason he shouldn’t have been fired. But whatever at this point. This has the smell of a sinking ship. I just hope recruits don’t take notice.
After the performances we’ve seen the last 2 Saturday’s, I don’t think the firing of a D-line coach is gonna be what hurts recruiting, jmo.
GBO!!

If that's the case then yeah, you got to cut a guy loose if there is no.way back from that...never been in that situation so I'm not sure how you as a head coach handle getting into it with an assistant in front of the team.
Not confirmed, but a rumor posted last night.

KNS trying to figure out what happened. Qoutes:

“We got to be more dominating up front,” Pruitt said. “We got to improve playing man-to-man (coverage). We got to be better at knock-back tackles. We got to be more of a ball-hawking defense.”

"We've got to play with more toughness up there,” he said on Sept. 1. “We've got to play with more awareness. We've got to be more consistent.”

Under the terms of his buyout, he's due the remainder of the salary he's owned, to be paid in monthly installments. That comes to more than $830,000.

Tennessee football: Jimmy Brumbaugh fired, Jeremy Pruitt has staff opening

I would not make changes on offense without seeing how Bailey performs first. JMO
That’s what has me worried. You have a supposed great offensive mind in JC, running your offense, a guy who has worked miracles with previous QB’s, and 2 former, high level QB’s on staff and you claim you didn’t have time to mess with a 4th string QB? Maybe you should cut out the BS “passing game coordinator” label that TM has, let JC run the offense and let TM start working with some QB’s. I don’t know if that’s the answer or not but it seems like a good place to start imo.
GBO!!

VN Store

Back