Tennessee Courage

FortSanders

Being a Vol player will require a strength of character over the coming weeks. The team has a destiny to fulfill. It must overcome great odds to meet the challenges ahead. It will take a special type of courage, which can only be found in Tennessee. If necessary, Vol players and fans must draw on this well of courage to overcome these great odds. This courage is also known as liquid courage. Be strong and drink Jack Daniels.

jack-daniels-whiskey-ltr-25.jpg

Jack Daniels is pretty ****, to be honest... Chattanooga Whiskey is better... Jameson Black Barrel is probably the best for drinking straight though... I have a glass 2 or 3 nights a week... Put some ice in a tumblr, let it sit for 2 or 3 minutes, and it's awesome... Would also recommend Dewar's or Johnnie Walker Gold Label for the price...

I can't believe you Tennessee boys criticize JACK! :eek: I like a good scotch, too. but geez!

I can't believe you Tennessee boys criticize JACK! :eek: I like a good scotch, too. but geez!

If I was going to wash it out with Coke, JD would be fine. In fact, back in the day I drank a LOT of JD and coke. But like I said, these days I like mine neat (and smooth). BH is a gentleman’s bourbon. 😀

Jack Daniels is pretty ****, to be honest... Chattanooga Whiskey is better... Jameson Black Barrel is probably the best for drinking straight though... I have a glass 2 or 3 nights a week... Put some ice in a tumblr, let it sit for 2 or 3 minutes, and it's awesome... Would also recommend Dewar's or Johnnie Walker Gold Label for the price...
Blasphemy

We did the Jack Daniels tour that had the tasting after. When they asked to raise your hand if you like a particular one, I did, and was one of the only ones. She said "You must like scotch." I don't think I've ever had scotch.

But the tour was really fun! More fun than the Chattanooga Whiskey tour. :D

We did the Jack Daniels tour that had the tasting after. When they asked to raise your hand if you like a particular one, I did, and was one of the only ones. She said "You must like scotch." I don't think I've ever had scotch.

But the tour was really fun! More fun than the Chattanooga Whiskey tour. :D

George Dickel tour is also good and doesn't take too long.

Reactions: vollygirl
George Dickel tour is also good and doesn't take too long.
When I was a kid my grandparents lived right down the street and my great grandparents lived right across from the distillery. Dickel purchased the property after they passed.
Me and my cousins used to ride our bikes to the distillery and walk through it all the time. The guys that worked there would give us label stickers.
I thought Cascade Hollow was the best place on earth back then.

Jack used to be the go to Tennessee whiskey but they cut the alcohol content in it a few years back. Go with Dickel if you want something close to what Jack in the Black once was.

This thread reads like a commercial aimed at underage drinkers...

also, wild turkey 101 is my staple. Jack Daniels is not bourbon. It’s tennessee sour mash.

Reactions: johnsonbrewer

VN Store

Back