Tennessee comes in at No. 19 in ESPN FPI

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Four schools -- Tennessee, Nebraska, Florida State and Virginia Tech -- are in the preseason top 25 after ranking outside the top 30 in FPI last season. Texas and Texas A&M are both in the top 10 after finishing 19th and 20th last season.

i

Preseason college football FPI breakdown

OU is in for a rude awakening. We owe them a beatdown and we will not let up in that game.

I doubt they will walk into that game thinking Tennessee will be a cakewalk. And I’d pump the breaks a little on the “beat down” thing. Yes, we can win but let’s just get a win against a OOC P5 program, period.

Because they return virtually everybody and play in a lousy and weak ass PAC 12 conference where wins shouldn't be too hard to come by, even for a just moderately good USC team.
Their schedule is actually pretty tough. Non conference games against Alabama and Notre Dame. Conference road trips to Stanford, Utah, and Oregon. Plus home games against Washington and Arizona State. If they win 7 games next season Helton should be given a contract extension.

Last edited:
Reactions: lifeisdeep
Noice!

That's a tribute to our SOS and late season run. FPI weights SOS pretty heavily, and also weights more recent games more.

These rankings mean nothing...but its kind of cool that at least someone else thinks we should be good...but its hard to rank us when no-one even knows who our QB will be. Will it be JG or Bailey? I'm hoping Bailey...cuz it would be a sign that yes...he's THAT good.

VN Store

Back