Tennessee Coaches: Most Ridiculous Moments and Statements

VolforFootball

I like pizza
Our coaches of late have had some really downright silly/ridiculous moments over the years. I thought it'd be fun to look back and laugh.

Mine in no particular order:

Dooley's "Where's Rommel" speech.

Butch's "Champions of Life" comments.

Pruitt's "We're 100x better than last year" comment after losing to Ga. St. and BYU. (guess he wasn't wrong, but I found it hilariously ridiculous at the time)

Kiffin's trolling of Urban Meyer.

Phil's shirt looking like a smiley-faced pumpkin when he got to sweating.

What are some of your favorites?

Eventually I'll put a poll together so we can collectively decide what has been the most ridiculous coaching moment in UT Football history.

Not sure I remember that one. Could you elaborate?
The Vols had just lost a close game, and Dooley compared the growth of the team to watering bamboo. Something along the lines of you water it and water it and nothing happens. And you don't think it's ever gonna happen, and you look up all of a sudden and it's growing.

Reactions: VolforFootball
The Vols had just lost a close game, and Dooley compared the growth of the team to watering bamboo. Something along the lines of you water it and water it and nothing happens. And you don't think it's ever gonna happen, and you look up all of a sudden and it's growing.

I hear the Bamboo in Columbia, MO is being devastated by a fungus that thrives when shower discipline is lacking!

Legions of the miserable

Work like heck

We’ve spoiled fans around here by winning so much (during the 5 win season of 2005).

Watch film

VN Store

Back