Tennessee Bowl flashback

I was in the Pride of the Southland marching band in 1974. It was cold that night in the Liberty Bowl and we had snow flurries. It was an exciting 7-3 victory if there ever could be one. I remember Randy White being a beast that night.

Reactions: 1 person
I was in the Pride of the Southland marching band in 1974. It was cold that night in the Liberty Bowl and we had snow flurries. It was an exciting 7-3 victory if there ever could be one. I remember Randy White being a beast that night.

You got that right. I was only 12 but it's still the coldest game I have ever been to. The wind was just brutal. Great win but unfortunately Bill Battles father had a heart attack in the stands during the 2nd half and passed away.

not a bowl game but one of my all time favorites was 2003 game with Bama....5 OT's. We left Gatlinburg headed for Nashville to spend night with sister. Pulled up in driveway almost end of regulation just in time to see the other game they played....the 5 OT's :blink:

Rocky top, you'll always be
Home sweet home to me.
Good ole rocky top,
Rocky top tennessee, rocky top tennessee

Reactions: 1 person
not a bowl game but one of my all time favorites was 2003 game with Bama....5 OT's. We left Gatlinburg headed for Nashville to spend night with sister. Pulled up in driveway almost end of regulation just in time to see the other game they played....the 5 OT's :blink:

Rocky top, you'll always be
Home sweet home to me.
Good ole rocky top,
Rocky top tennessee, rocky top tennessee

Never forget Casey Clausen to CJ Fayton on 4th and 19 for 29 yards in the 3rd OT.

VN Store

Back