Tennessee Basketball Press Conference

Gotta admire Barnes’ honesty but man doesn’t feel good to here the only reason he stayed was because of the buyout

Is that not the entire point of putting a buyout into his contract? It was a good move by Fulmer. I sure wish we would’ve had a big buyout on Lane Kiffins contract. We probably wouldn’t of spent the last 10 years in football purgatory if Hamilton would’ve put a large buyout in Kiffins contract.

I think us Tennessee fans are getting our feelings hurt for no reason. I have turned down job offers before. Money was always an issue, but it was never the only issue. If Barnes wanted to leave he would have left regardless of the buy out. Tennessee would have been a dumpster fire if he left. I am glad he stayed and think Fulmer did the right thing.

I think us Tennessee fans are getting our feelings hurt for no reason. I have turned down job offers before. Money was always an issue, but it was never the only issue. If Barnes wanted to leave he would have left regardless of the buy out. Tennessee would have been a dumpster fire if he left. I am glad he stayed and think Fulmer did the right thing.

I agree because of the position UT would have found its self in moving forward, no coach in a picked over market. At the same time, now that we know his motives, Fulmer paid to keep UT basketball competing at the highest level. He needs to get what he paid for. All business.

Did you have a press conference stating you’d rather be at the other place that offered you a job a week later?

Did you have a press conference stating you’d rather be at the other place that offered you a job a week later?
Obviously not. However, if Barnes wanted to leave he would be gone. If you don't like the coach, don't watch the games.

Barnes did want to leave but UCLA wouldn’t pay the buyout. Are you confused as to what the issue is?
I really don't care why he stayed and neither did Fulmer. If Fulmer thought like you did the basketbalI team would not win 10 games next year. I am glad we still have him.

I really don't care why he stayed and neither did Fulmer. If Fulmer thought like you did the basketbalI team would not win 10 games next year. I am glad we still have him.

Not win 10 games? Lol. Okay obviously you like to overreact

No William's, Bone or James. Tennesee would be in big trouble. Tennessee would be lucky to win 5 conference games.
If they didn’t nail the hire it could definitely be a very rough year...as you mention there would be no James, and certainly a couple guys transfer out as always.

VN Store

Back