Tennessee basketball history......

Grant Williams had a shot to be the third had he returned for his senior year.
I still want to see an analysis of BK from a non-UT fan that actually saw him play in college. I don't know to what extent nostalgia and homerism is convoluting what I read on VN. He obviously has the college hardware, and in no way am I implying he wasn't as good as VN posters say - I'm saying I have no idea and there are hardly any resources available for me to construct an informed opinion.

I still want to see an analysis of BK from a non-UT fan that actually saw him play in college. I don't know to what extent nostalgia and homerism is convoluting what I read on VN. He obviously has the college hardware, and in no way am I implying he wasn't as good as VN posters say - I'm saying I have no idea and there are hardly any resources available for me to construct an informed opinion.

He took it to another level in the NBA. 1985 scoring champion. He shared the UT spotlight, but the 25 ppg and 13 rpg career averages are amazing. Plus he was a really good passer, ball handler, and defender. An absolute intense beast that really didn’t have any weaknesses in his game. 75-80% FT shooter also. It’s criminal that UT doesn’t have video of every minute that he was on the floor.

Reactions: LibertyVol
Just barely before my time.

He took it to another level in the NBA. 1985 scoring champion. He shared the UT spotlight, but the 25 ppg and 13 rpg career averages are amazing. Plus he was a really good passer, ball handler, and defender. An absolute intense beast that really didn’t have any weaknesses in his game. 75-80% FT shooter also. It’s criminal that UT doesn’t have video of every minute that he was on the floor.
Before my time at UT, remember him with the Knicks and that scoring title. Btw, that scoring title was over Bird and a very young Jordan, but still.....

Edit: almost 4 ppg more, but played less games than Bird and especially, Jordan

For a list of all the Vols who went to the NBA, click this link. A lot of memories here.

Tennessee Players in the NBA - RealGM
i started following vol b'ball in tormohlen days, never saw him play at ut, but followed hawks on kmox
begin watching about time boerwinkle was frosh, and at that time it aqppeared he might not escape stu aberdeen's broom.
had no idea that hogsett played in league, annd had forgotten dough roth nba career

Reactions: VolDave53

VN Store

Back