Tennessee Baseball Commitments 2024, 2025, 2026 and beyond

Gotcha. And I agree, I really hope the guys who left reach the bigs and live their dreams.

I guess I just wasn't expecting to lose anyone out of the recruiting class, other than possibly Stanwich (which I thought was a less than 50% chance). Marcum surprised me, but hopefully, he still comes to school.

Speaking of which, even though the '23 and '24 classes are ranked higher, Vitello may have found a nice sweet spot with the 22 class...a lot of talented players JUST below the caliber that gets drafted and signs. I think Sloop, Stanwich, Orr, Chapman, Marcum (if he comes to Knoxville), and Dreiling are all in that category. All of them have a legit chance to be freshman contributors, as does the Catcher Payton Ebbing. This class might end up being the best of the bunch if you only count the ones who make it to campus.

That's a really good point. What good did it do Vandy to have the #1 ranked class only to see it disappear like a wisp of smoke? Smart to find the ones who actually will come to school, like Moore.

What do we know about
Payton Ebbing C 5'-7"165 R-R Loveland, OH
Has Andrew Kribbs had trouble adjusting to the college game? He was fantastic in high school here in Knoxville and I don't think I've heard a word about the guy since he got on campus. Last I looked he was still on the roster?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Has Andrew Kribbs had trouble adjusting to the college game? He was fantastic in high school here in Knoxville and I don't think I've heard a word about the guy since he got on campus. Last I looked he was still on the roster?
His Prospect league stats, looks like he’s Pitching and Catching, or at least plating the filed somewhere”
Prospect League Baseball

Average, .200
34 Games played, 34 K’s at the plate
Runners caught stealing percentage is .045, 1 guy thrown out
22 innings pitched, 24 hits against and 24 Earned runs - 9.93 ERA

Summer ball isn’t the end all be all. I’ve seen guys struggle over the years in the Summer to come back and tear it up in the fall and spring, and vice versa………getting reps in is the important thing.
for sure. I'm just surprised to see how much he's pitching with where our area of needs lie.

Don't know whether we should worry, but I get a little queasy seeing him working out in MLB parks already. Might get drafted before he ever gets to campus?

I think moving forward with the way TV is recruiting for 2024 and 2025 and beyond, we’ll have to get used to this feeling. We’ll be pulling a lot of elite prospects that will have major draft potential.

I think moving forward with the way TV is recruiting for 2024 and 2025 and beyond, we’ll have to get used to this feeling. We’ll be pulling a lot of elite prospects that will have major draft potential.

And right on cue, arguably the top guy in the 26 class Colt Springall announced his commitment to the Vols today.

VN Store

Back