Tennessee a 30.5 Favorite over BG!

I’m not touching this one. I want to see us play a couple first.
We’ll win but 30 is a lot. Even though BG sux.
Honestly, I will be concerned if the margin isn't at least 30. Not only have they won only 6 games in the last 3 years... I think they've been 99th or worse in both scoring O and scoring D in each of those seasons... usually near the very bottom.

I think UGA and Bama just have too much across the board. I think UF is a slightly more realistic upset but I don't expect it. According to the resident Gator trolls Jones walks on water and heals leprosy... you don't think he's that kind of messiah?

My "ask" isn't that complicated. Win 6-8 which I believe to be reasonable with this roster against this schedule and look like you belong on the same field with all opponents. Even if Bama wins by 20+.... just don't look like you're an FCS team just showing up for a check.
Bama has been rated a 99 talent for the past 10 years??
They've not been undefeated for 10 years. What I saw in that Bama Spring was a bunch of talented dudes that might not fit together. Their defense on paper will be stout. As stout as can be in today's game. Offensively ...I don't think they will be close to what they have been the past 4 years.
Of course, it's dumb to bet against Saban...

Florida has a real problem. Emory Jones is NOT it. and Mullen is painfully faithful to his upperclassman QBs

UGA is always talented and we've been able to beat them at times with lesser talent, because of our offense. Everyone knows their story.

We will be 3-0 going into Florida game and none of the games will be close.
And UF and UGA will already have losses.

Woot! woot! Favored by 30.5 against one of the worst teams in all of college football. Engrave the Natty! Tennessee is back baby! :cool:

If you look at all the aspects of the game maybe it's what we need to get us going for the season. If you look at the design of what Tennessee football has always been it's never been allowed to just have fun and just play the game. Tennessee football has always been this contained style of play that at times could be absolutely boring from any point of view. Now we have this system that is fast, fun, and just allows us to play the game with out being held back. If Bowling Green is that bad on D and somehow our offense start clicking I say just let them play and have fun for once and just enjoy the game. You can tell from the last 4 years playing football felt like a job rather than a game for some of them and it really showed at times.

Thats a big spread for a team coming off a 3 win season. No way I'm putting money on the Vols. Too many unknowns.

Completely agree. I can see some on VN using this game as some big predictor of JH. I can see it now. We sore like 35-38 and only beat BG by 10 or 14. Some on VN are gonna bash the man calling him a terrible coach.

I am with you. We have lost a ton of guys and have a ton of unknowns.

Completely agree. I can see some on VN using this game as some big predictor of JH. I can see it now. We sore like 35-38 and only beat BG by 10 or 14. Some on VN are gonna bash the man calling him a terrible coach.

There will be posts on here criticizing JH if the first offensive play isn’t a run. “This ain’t SEC Footbaw!” If it’s a blowout people will be predicting a UF win. If it’s a close game people will declare JH “ain’t the guy.” And the world turns.

There will be posts on here criticizing JH if the first offensive play isn’t a run. “This ain’t SEC Footbaw!” If it’s a blowout people will be predicting a UF win. If it’s a close game people will declare JH “ain’t the guy.” And the world turns.
And there will be posts on here that will be critical if it is. This board has rarely been unified on anything, and that is even worse after the last decade or so.

How many of you remember?

Attachments

• A9724196-0651-4151-9B69-D5F01A7B4C92.jpeg
    A9724196-0651-4151-9B69-D5F01A7B4C92.jpeg
    204.3 KB · Views: 0

70-13

That more than covers.

Defense will score too

I’m taking the under. I think we score 48 but they will score 28. I can’t trust our defense yet.

I bet this is a closer than expected game in the first half, before Vols start rolling. New offense will have kinks to work out I'm sure.

Honestly, probably not too different from the last time we opened with these guys in Nashville.

Hey! The last time we played these guys in Nashville it was not an easy game. Yes we won, but from time to time it was uncomfortable. I got so putout with our play, I left after the rain and went to the car. My son stayed to the better end. I asked him how the remainder of the game went. He said "more of the same". Satisficed I left early.

Reactions: Revived2002
Bama has been rated a 99 talent for the past 10 years??
They've not been undefeated for 10 years. What I saw in that Bama Spring was a bunch of talented dudes that might not fit together. Their defense on paper will be stout. As stout as can be in today's game. Offensively ...I don't think they will be close to what they have been the past 4 years.
Of course, it's dumb to bet against Saban...

Florida has a real problem. Emory Jones is NOT it. and Mullen is painfully faithful to his upperclassman QBs

UGA is always talented and we've been able to beat them at times with lesser talent, because of our offense. Everyone knows their story.

We will be 3-0 going into Florida game and none of the games will be close.
And UF and UGA will already have losses.

Exactly. From what little I have seen from Jones, he isn't a very good passer. I also don't know how much the Gator defense has improved either. Trask and company could put up points quickly. Don't know that an Emory Jones led offense can do the same.

Will hit 70. Heupel is known to hit 70 against the schools of the blind. He will set a standard game one.
Having watched every UCF game under his watch, he usually lets his foot off the gas in the second half. I know that's the prudent path, provides playing time for everyone, but sometimes the fans get uneasy. Last year's Georgia Tech game a perfect example. Heupel could have probably notched a 63-14 win, but pulled most starters in the early 4th qtr, and also gave up a garbage score in final minutes...not there to watch 4th Quarter punting practice! Once in a while, a blowout cleanses the palate! That's when a 49-21 result leaves you wanting for more!

Last edited:
I bet this is a closer than expected game in the first half, before Vols start rolling. New offense will have kinks to work out I'm sure.

Honestly, probably not too different from the last time we opened with these guys in Nashville.
I will be shocked if it is still a game after the 1st quarter. The team that opened against UT in '15 eventually won the MAC and went 10-4. Along the way they beat both Maryland and Purdue.

This BGSU team is on a historically bad run. They have 8 total victories in the last 4 years. Two were against FCS teams.... they actually lost to an 8-5 South Dakota team in 2017.

My belief isn't based on having any kind of certain confidence in UT.... just a recognition that BGSU may not be as good as UT's scout team.

Reactions: FBtime
Depending on how the betting is going the point spread my go up if no one is betting on BG. LV will need to get it high enough to get some bets for them.
Probably best to take the 30.5 now, you may have to give more by game time.

Reactions: OneVolNation

VN Store

Back