Tennessee a 30.5 Favorite over BG!

Four interrelated caveats:
It's the first game, we'll be running plays ultra-fast, in front of +90,000 loud fans, and probably playing plenty of freshmen. Any one of those factors would normally produce unforced penalties. Combined...?

Now maybe in this offense which goes for yardage in big chunks, those first-and-fifteen drive stoppers in past offenses won't be as crippling. But they will surely happen, and more so in this first game.

I understand that right now, to rebuild the program and the culture, the staff are encouraging the players to have fun. Is the staff simultaneously able to install mental discipline, or does that become Phase 2 or 3 of the rebuild?

My hopes are high, but I'm keeping my expectations low. And SURELY by now Vol fans have learned that psychological lesson in season survival!

Yeah But; The last time UT was a 25+ Fav; GS. (I cannot say the name)
Georgia State was at least a bowl team. BG would have to improve by light-years to be bowl eligible this year. They lost 31-3 to Akron last year and that was Akron’s only win in the last two seasons combined.

I've been saying this for months, Bowling Green is really, really bad. Everyone remembers that Urban Meyer coached there and gives them credit for that, but they are terrible. If we don't beat them by at least 3 TD's it will be a bad sign.

I've been saying this for months, Bowling Green is really, really bad. Everyone remembers that Urban Meyer coached there and gives them credit for that, but they are terrible. If we don't beat them by at least 3 TD's it will be a bad sign.
We could play a D+ game and still cover the 30.5 IMO. This could be the worst FBS team to ever play in Neyland

I bet this is a closer than expected game in the first half, before Vols start rolling. New offense will have kinks to work out I'm sure.

Honestly, probably not too different from the last time we opened with these guys in Nashville.

“Prime time games are the games that air in the evening in the United States, usually starting somewhere from 7pm to 9pm Eastern Standard Time. This is considered "prime time" for TV shows generally, when the most people are watching. Every game aired in these time slots is aired nationally, so they get the highest ratings and most football fans watch them.”

Where’s the lie?

Reactions: FLVOL_79
The BG fans have seen our last year's record too...They're probably not worried about us...But I'm confident we cover the 30.5 points.....

A lot of eyes will be watching and coach H will want a lot of points scored for recruiting purposes.

Lay the points and bet it all.....

Toledo beat them by 35 last year and Ohio beat them by 42.

I'd be disappointed if the Vols don't cover that spread

Four interrelated caveats:
It's the first game, we'll be running plays ultra-fast, in front of +90,000 loud fans, and probably playing plenty of freshmen. Any one of those factors would normally produce unforced penalties. Combined...?

Now maybe in this offense which goes for yardage in big chunks, those first-and-fifteen drive stoppers in past offenses won't be as crippling. But they will surely happen, and more so in this first game.

I understand that right now, to rebuild the program and the culture, the staff are encouraging the players to have fun. Is the staff simultaneously able to install mental discipline, or does that become Phase 2 or 3 of the rebuild?

My hopes are high, but I'm keeping my expectations low. And SURELY by now Vol fans have learned that psychological lesson in season survival!

i'd bet the under on 90k in attendance

Bowling Green can't help but to be better this year, but we have too much speed offensively to not cover, unless we play back ups the whole second half.

Reactions: norrislakevol

VN Store

Back