Tennessee a 3 point favorite over Purdue at Music City

FPI has
Vols @ 22
Boilermakers @ 25

Edit: on paper this should be a close game.

EXACTLY.
Imagine our Volunteers if Hooker decided not to play.

True. And their best WR and DE - both projected to be top draft picks - have declared for the draft and it’s unclear if they will play. I know it’s a team sport and we embrace the “next man up philosophy“ but losing key players will take some shine off the game. I wonder if Cade will play or use the time to get healthy for the NFL combine. Same with Alontae Taylor. Of course Evans already drug up.

Keep in mind that the goal of the bookmakers is to entice equal betting on both sides. In a situation like this, it could be due to changes on a team. Usually when you see a move of this nature right after the open it signifies that a big majority of the betting was on Tennessee. Either way, I think it bodes well for the Vols.

Reactions: Sarms58
Keep in mind that the goal of the bookmakers is to entice equal betting on both sides. In a situation like this, it could be due to changes on a team. Usually when you see a move of this nature right after the open it signifies that a big majority of the betting was on Tennessee. Either way, I think it bodes well for the Vols.

Pretty much. Odds-makers think Purdue will most likely win, but it's close.

VN Store

Back