Tennessee 26th in Coaching Salaries

Experience.
Is Pruitt the highest paid 1st time head coach ever?
If he gets us to 8 or 9 wins, I feel confident he will get a hefty pay raise.
Tennessee spends plenty of money on football, their coaching searches have been done by idiots.

Right?? For a guy that just took FSU downward and left it in the DUMPSTER...
He sure has A&M looking like they will be an awfully good team in a couple years though. They played much better this year. With that said, I will never understand why these massive buyouts ever started. I’m sure Sexton negotiated that because that sounds like him. I think I’ll see if I can trace it back somewhere. Schools should band together and stop doing a buyout that is more than 1 year of a coach’s salary. 1 year is reasonable. Beyond that is insane. Why should a school pay for a coach that couldn’t cut it at their school and isn’t good enough to get a job elsewhere within a year?

Reactions: vegasvolfan
Meaningless. UT was prepared to pay Mullen, Patterson and Gundy big time money. They didn’t fail to get a good coach because of what they were willing to pay.

The pay difference in 15 through 30 is chump change anyway.

Reactions: Devo182
Meaningless. UT was prepared to pay Mullen, Patterson and Gundy big time money. They didn’t fail to get a good coach because of what they were willing to pay.

The pay difference in 15 through 30 is chump change anyway.
Then why did they fail?

We
Behind South Carolina and Kentucky? Unbelievable.

USA TODAY Sports

CJP’s salary is 8th in the SEC. Seems a little high based upon where we finished. If CJP performs well, then his salary will increase. For a first-year Head Coach, I think his pay is pretty high. If you look at the list above him, there aren’t that many coaches who were first time Head Coaches at their current school (Gary Patterson, Lincoln Riley, Kirby Smart, Dabo Swinney, and maybe a couple more). I think CJP is the highest paid first year HC on the list.

Will Muschamp made $3.1 million last year at SC, which is less than what CJP made this year. Muschamp got a $1.1 mil raise this year.

Mark Stoops’ 2017 salary was slightly less than CJP’s 2018 salary. Stoops doubled his salary over the past five years as his team has significantly improved.

Gary Patterson isn’t leaving TCU. Mike Grundy isn’t leaving Ok St. Could we have gotten Mullen? Maybe, but we were and still are a tougher rebuild.
Oh ok, so you dont know what money was offered? I figured the guy I replied to did since he said it wasnt the reason. Patterson has already said he would have left.

Last edited:
Reactions: Devo182
Is this supposed to be a joke? Of course we pay Pruitt less than Carolina pays Muschamp or Kentucky pays Stoops

Exactly and with the exception of maybe 1 or 2 there isn't a coach on that list that would move to Tennessee and we would actually want them to move to Tennessee. Some fans just don't see that.

I didn't know so many took pride in overpaying coaches.

I think Pruitt is the highest first time ever HC on that list . I may be wrong scanned it quickly. Not sure why everyone just wants to rank highest on a list without thinking about the dynamics.

Then why did they fail?

Plenty of coaches like their position and have been unable to have been lured away by a lot more schools than just us. Patterson has a dang statue of himself at TCU and Gundy might as well. Those gans have readonable expectations and adore them. Why leave that to come to the slaughterhouse?

Word was Mullen was waiting to see what UF did. Some think they wanted Chip first.

I think Pruitt is the highest first time ever HC on that list . I may be wrong scanned it quickly. Not sure why everyone just wants to rank highest on a list without thinking about the dynamics.

Bingo. No idea either, seems we are paying him plenty. He can earn his way higher up the list. That's how it should be.

Of course not. You asked why we couldn’t get Patterson now and I said he wasn’t leaving TCU. You then asked if we had interviewed him and I said we did previously.
Oh ok, guess im just confused why he was even brought up again.

VN Store

Back