Tennessee 16.5 point underdogs to Florida

Blah blah blah blah blah. It's August. Tennessee and Florida don't meet until 9/21, fourth game on their schedules.

Any odds on whether a named storm will impact the game?

The Gators don't look very good in this game. Miami is beating themselves and Florida looks weak. I hope they stay that way!

I could be wrong, but I don’t see the Florida O beating any SEC team by more than 16. Hope that stays would be easy money (win the game or lose).

Reactions: AlcoVOLic
Florida’s “big weakness” on D is NOT the secondary. UF returns 4 of their 5 starters in the secondary from 2018; CJ Henderson and Marco Wilson at CB, and they return four different guys at Safety who all started at some point during the year and all played extensively; Brad Stewart, Jawan Taylor, Shawn Davis and Donovan Stiner. The only significant loss was Star Chauncey Gardner Johnson but he’s replaced by Trey Dean, a guy who started 10 games at CB last year. They also have Amari Burney who played extensively at Star last year but was moved to LB this year, he can slide back to Star if necessary. So UF has 8 guys who have played a ton of SEC football in the secondary. Behind them are 3 true freshmen. UF has a storied history of true freshmen balling-out in the secondary including Trey Dean last year and CJ and Marco the year before. The Secondary will be a strength, although some of the projected depth has thinned-out with the injury to McWilliams and Huggins getting booted off the team.

You were right about UF’s biggest question mark being the o-line. Mullen feels very good about the starting 5, but he’ll get nervous if anyone goes down.

Regarding UF being “beaten up,” UF has a bye week after Miami which will help recoup everyone from what will definitely be a physical game v Miami. But frankly, it’s football, UT has just as much a chance of being “beaten up” as UF does.

You should have seen enough of Franks last year to know that he has made tremendous strides at QB under Mullen. Underestimate him if you like, but he’s poised for a huge year from everything I’m hearing.
Would you reply the same way after watching the game tonight?

Let's see our team play first lol
First 2 games should give you a clue.

Biggest question still remains, can we block them. Miami didnt get close. And once that was evident UF just pinned their ears back.
Most of your catastrophic plays start with it. If they can stay clean from that regard you have a game. If not, that 16 point spread will get covered.

First 2 games should give you a clue.

Biggest question still remains, can we block them. Miami didnt get close. And once that was evident UF just pinned their ears back.
Most of your catastrophic plays start with it. If they can stay clean from that regard you have a game. If not, that 16 point spread will get covered.

I think UF has a solid d-line but Miami may have a worse oline than we did last year if that tells you anything. So hopefully our oline will finally be improved.

I don’t know how much of what you just saw (good and bad) will be seen the rest of the year against anyone

Would you reply the same way after watching the game tonight?

That game was my worst nightmare, a ridiculous sloppy slopfest. Made worse by what appeared to be crappy officiating (although I have to watch the TV replay to be sure of that). Both teams super sloppy, bad penalties, putting the ball on ground constantly. It was a “thriller” due to ineptitude by both teams. Miami had to set some sort of record for recovering their own fumbles. Franks looks brilliant for three of four throws then he lobs up a critical interception or misses someone streaking wide-ass open down the field. I also thought it was Mullen’s worse play-calling game as UF’s coach. Much of that was Manny being pretty locked in to his schemes.

I thought UF’s pass rush was fierce, 10 sacks. Aside from really costly poor tackling, I was fairly pleased with the defense. I also think the poor tackling was first-game problems.

Offense struggled. Play-calling was bad, Feleipe giveth and Feleipe taketh away. Not sure if that last pick was hit fault but I was floored when that happened.

Having said all that, we beat a hated rival and I’m thrilled with that. We’ve got serious work to do to be as good as I, and most Gator fans thought. We’ve basically got two off weeks to get our act together for Kentucky. I do like the perseverance of the team and I do think UF will improve tremendously after this game.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I don’t know how much of what you just saw (good and bad) will be seen the rest of the year against anyone

One of the strangest games I’ve ever been to. Maybe the best case scenario in terms of getting the win but having no reason to feel overconfident about anything. It’ll be two weeks of understanding they must improve.

One of the strangest games I’ve ever been to. Maybe the best case scenario in terms of getting the win but having no reason to feel overconfident about anything. It’ll be two weeks of understanding they must improve.

I try to ignore the slop (and there was a lot of it) and focus on some of the other things.

Thought the o-line pass protected well. Disappointed in the run blocking. Still obvious that if the game has to be won by FF, it gets dicey real quick.

Was disappointed in the secondary which I still believe is a strength. But, Miami made some plays and considering the pass rush applied, their QB had a better day than he should have.

The rest of the problems appeared to be slop and I assume that will go away.

Probably a good way to put it. Both teams looked terrible in ways and good in others.

The DL (specifically DE) is legit. The offense has plenty of options. Most of the sloppiness and turnovers are correctable. The fumble on the option pitch was just bad all around.
Kinda surprised they didnt run it better. Franks is good enough but I dont think you want him tossing it more than its required.

Game 1 Ws against teams that can beat you are valuable after a performance like that.

I try to ignore the slop (and there was a lot of it) and focus on some of the other things.

Thought the o-line pass protected well. Disappointed in the run blocking. Still obvious that if the game has to be won by FF, it gets dicey real quick.

Was disappointed in the secondary which I still believe is a strength. But, Miami made some plays and considering the pass rush applied, their QB had a better day than he should have.

Trying to put my bias aside these are the notes I took away from UF.

Pass rush looked good but also Miami's oline was horrendous. Especially that poor center. Go back and watch some of those sacks, really bad from Miami's oline So let's see how the Gators look against more competent olines before we crown their dline.

Franks hit a good deep ball late in the game but other than that he looks like he has regressed. Could just be first game sloppiness but I think Franks was a guy that always had a low celing anyways though. Mediocre all the way around.

Now the two biggest concerns for UF imo.

TACKLING. Don't remember the last time I saw a UF team that bad at tackling.

Run blocking. Abysmal. Online did a solid job pass protecting though, I'll give them that.

I think UF has a solid d-line but Miami may have a worse oline than we did last year if that tells you anything. So hopefully our oline will finally be improved.
They had no chance blocking either edge.

Miami better get there back up ready to play and his back up better not sleep in the film room.

They had no chance blocking either edge.

Miami better get there back up ready to play and his back up better not sleep in the film room.

Yeah all around Miami's oline made ours from last year look elite. Lmao

Trying to put my bias aside these are the notes I took away from UF.

Pass rush looked good but also Miami's oline was horrendous. Especially that poor center. Go back and watch some of those sacks, really bad from Miami's oline So let's see how the Gators look against more competent olines before we crown their dline.

Franks hit a good deep ball late in the game but other than that he looks like he has regressed. Could just be first game sloppiness but I think Franks was a guy that always had a low celing anyways though. Mediocre all the way around.

Now the two biggest concerns for UF imo.

TACKLING. Don't remember the last time I saw a UF team that bad at tackling.

Run blocking. Abysmal. Online did a solid job pass protecting though, I'll give them that.

Tackling was part of the “slop” that I assume will go away. If it doesn’t, bad news.

I don’t think the d-line, while good, will have that kind of day the rest of the season

Reactions: Nerwen Aldarion

Agree with all of the above.

Impressed with their young QB. We beat hell out of him and he kept competing and making plays.

No question in my mind that UF will improve from this.

Tackling was part of the “slop” that I assume will go away. If it doesn’t, bad news.

I don’t think the d-line, while good, will have that kind of day the rest of the season

Most teams do have their worst tackling performance week one should it could get cleaned up quickly but fingers crossed it doesn't.

VN Store

Back