Tennessee 16.5 point underdogs to Florida

Crazy how both UT and UF won 4 games in 2017 and the game in 2017 was tied with 10 seconds to go and now the spread is 3 scores...

Send Butch Jones a thank you card for his lack of coaching skills and player development.
Butch Jones was an accident waiting to happen for Tennessee......poor match

Granted last year has really no bearing on anything that could happen this year, after watching that game last year I’d say this is reasonable. Not sold on us being 7.5 point favorites over Vandy right now either. It’s still a ways off, will definitely change. But right now I’m not even mad about that and would say that’s probably about right. After the BYU game I’d be a little more willing to make that bet.

Indeed, the BYU game will answer several important questions about our Vols.

Reactions: rgvol
Florida’s “big weakness” on D is NOT the secondary. UF returns 4 of their 5 starters in the secondary from 2018; CJ Henderson and Marco Wilson at CB, and they return four different guys at Safety who all started at some point during the year and all played extensively; Brad Stewart, Jawan Taylor, Shawn Davis and Donovan Stiner. The only significant loss was Star Chauncey Gardner Johnson but he’s replaced by Trey Dean, a guy who started 10 games at CB last year. They also have Amari Burney who played extensively at Star last year but was moved to LB this year, he can slide back to Star if necessary. So UF has 8 guys who have played a ton of SEC football in the secondary. Behind them are 3 true freshmen. UF has a storied history of true freshmen balling-out in the secondary including Trey Dean last year and CJ and Marco the year before. The Secondary will be a strength, although some of the projected depth has thinned-out with the injury to McWilliams and Huggins getting booted off the team.

You were right about UF’s biggest question mark being the o-line. Mullen feels very good about the starting 5, but he’ll get nervous if anyone goes down.

Regarding UF being “beaten up,” UF has a bye week after Miami which will help recoup everyone from what will definitely be a physical game v Miami. But frankly, it’s football, UT has just as much a chance of being “beaten up” as UF does.

You should have seen enough of Franks last year to know that he has made tremendous strides at QB under Mullen. Underestimate him if you like, but he’s poised for a huge year from everything I’m hearing.

Not with that poor OL getting him pressured. He’s gonna get that butt beat.

TN will not make 6 turnovers in this year’s game. The TN running game will be much improved. Florida will not score 30. This game will be competitive and certainly closer than -16.5.

There is actually a rumor of a guy quitting football (medical reasons) that has far more potential impact than any of the players who have left..

You must be referring to OL Noah Banks. Banks has officially announced he’s retiring again from football. Banks was not part of the 2-deep but losing any bodies on the o-line sucks. Let me repeat for those here who will swear this means season over for UF, he was not a starter and NOT part of the 2-deep O-line. Nonetheless, it sucks to lose him and mostly, it sucks for the player.

Noah Banks had a full-blown seizure on the practice field last year late in the season. After that, obviously he did not participate in practices or games.

Earlier this summer he decided to give it another go and began lifting weights and getting in shape. Unfortunately, he had another episode at a recent practice (unclear whether it was another full-blown seizure or something related), but it was serious enough that he has decided to retire again.

You must be referring to OL Noah Banks. Banks has officially announced he’s retiring again from football. Banks was not part of the 2-deep but losing any bodies on the o-line sucks. Let me repeat for those here who will swear this means season over for UF, he was not a starter and NOT part of the 2-deep O-line. Nonetheless, it sucks to lose him and mostly, it sucks for the player.

Noah Banks had a full-blown seizure on the practice field last year late in the season. After that, obviously he did not participate in practices or games.

Earlier this summer he decided to give it another go and began lifting weights and getting in shape. Unfortunately, he had another episode at a recent practice (unclear whether it was another full-blown seizure or something related), but it was serious enough that he has decided to retire again.

I thought he was in the two deep.

My mistake

My mistake

No worries, he was battling for it and perhaps his physical issues were keeping him out of it. Hevesy recently said this about the two-deep:

"I think as you look at the next five behind the starters, between (Gouraige), (White), (Rowell) and (Tarquin) they’ve all made a lot of progress. (TJ Moore) has also made a lot of progress & they’re stepping up & getting their opportunity to run w/ 1s."

No mention of Banks but I think Banks has never really been the same. Hevesy was specifically asked about Banks in this same interview and he dodged and side-stepped the question completely, which is unlike him.

My mistake

But to your point, it’s concerning for UF that there are 2 true freshmen, a redshirt freshmen and a former walk-on as part of their second team o-line. Again, gotta stay healthy for a big year.

I don't see how anyone can make these predictions and be accurate without seeing teams on the field. This is a new year! GBO!!

Reactions: Jaws
No worries, he was battling for it and perhaps his physical issues were keeping him out of it. Hevesy recently said this about the two-deep:

"I think as you look at the next five behind the starters, between (Gouraige), (White), (Rowell) and (Tarquin) they’ve all made a lot of progress. (TJ Moore) has also made a lot of progress & they’re stepping up & getting their opportunity to run w/ 1s."

No mention of Banks but I think Banks has never really been the same. Hevesy was specifically asked about Banks in this same interview and he dodged and side-stepped the question completely, which is unlike him.

Shame you have to school him on his own team on a Tennessee message board.

I mean, I'm happy to witness it, but you both should be ashamed.

Reactions: WeeohdeeWood
Shame you have to school him on his own team on a Tennessee message board.

I mean, I'm happy to witness it, but you both should be ashamed.

I wasn’t schooling him, I wasn’t exactly sure of the second team o-line either until hearing the interview from the o-line coach (Hevesy) a few days ago, which cleared it up.

How ya been, Behr? 13/20 days before we can talk about actual games.

VN Store

Back