Tennessee 16.5 point underdogs to Florida

The “offseason from hell” is stemming from two events that have been way overblown in terms of how they actually impact UF on the field; Chris Steele transferring and John Huggins getting in trouble and booted from the team. Steele may have been a factor down the road but his loss does nothing to impact the 2019 team. Huggins would have played and showed promise during the Spring, but UF has been without him for weeks and have long moved on from him. Yes, losing these two hurt depth, but they aren’t catastrophic. Neither of these two guys played a down versus Michigan and every secondary player you saw in that Michigan game is back, except Chauncey Gardner-Johnson but his loss is offset by the return of Marco Wilson.

I think Florida will be significantly better than the team that went 10-3 last year barring a really bad injury season on the o-line or in the secondary. If UF stays relatively healthy, we’ll see a playoff contender.

So butthurt.

Hey Jaws, you’re not a playoff contender. Quit crying.

Jaws gotta be the most annoying Florida Fan I've ever met. In his head, nothing is going wrong with Florida and they are going undefeated.

Not sure how there are culture issues “brewing” when Mullen has kicked off 4 guys for getting in trouble, with none of the 4 actually facing any charges. That looks more like a culture clean up than a “culture issue brewing.” Kenneth George is still on the team at Tennessee, right? Is Pruitt condoning a culture that promotes guys punching police officers? I think Pruitt and Mullen deserve the benefit of the doubt on how they run their programs.
Just curious, Why did Mullen close off all open practices to media availability for the rest of camp? (If I heard correctly)

If UT were ranked 8th right now to start the season you wouldn’t feel like they were a playoff contender, if they stay healthy?

Really depends on the situation. 2016 we were ranked preseason 9th and I never once thought playoffs because Butch Jones was the coach lol.

Reactions: memtownvol
I’ll wait and see what our O line and D line look like vs GA State and BYU. If we look about like last year against those teams, I’m mortgaging my house and throwing in my kids college funds on those spreads.

Not sure how there are culture issues “brewing” when Mullen has kicked off 4 guys for getting in trouble, with none of the 4 actually facing any charges. That looks more like a culture clean up than a “culture issue brewing.” Kenneth George is still on the team at Tennessee, right? Is Pruitt condoning a culture that promotes guys punching police officers? I think Pruitt and Mullen deserve the benefit of the doubt on how they run their programs.
You cant be serious dude

I believe that after Aug. 24th that spread will decrease. UF is overinflated and honestly, Dan Mullen is the reason why this spread is large. The Miami game will expose a lot and I wouldn't be surprised if Miami won. Curious to see how the offseason defections of defense personal and issues will affect them. In my opinion, it has been FL Defense that has kept them relevant these past few years.

Unfortunately UF holds a huge mental advantage over us. They just count us as an automatic win just like we count Bama as an automatic loss. If we cover the spread, I will be a little surprised.

UF just owns in football.

Nothing to base it on but last season, so yeah fair.

Miami is a mess on offense from what I'm hearing. The QB play is in doubt even with the transfer of Tate Martell.

Somebody here earlier said the Gators will have a weak secondary?? Haha. They'll have one of the better secondaries in the country.
Florida ALWAYS has a good defense.

Offensively they have a ton of experience and talent at the skill spots. Franks continues to develop as a QB that does whatever it takes to win. Still not a strong passer, but he's hard to defend because he's big and can run but still hurt you with his arm too.

Florida is going to play a tight game against Miami for 3 qts, because Miami's defense has some talent. Offense won't do anything against UF defense though. Gators win by 3 tds.

By the team UT plays them, our defense will have began to dial in. Young guys like Henry T, Crouch, Burrell, Tank, Simmons and Harrison will have already played a good bit.

Offensively we'll struggle to run the ball. It will fall on our QB and maybe we can get some more Jennings magic. Need some balance offensively.

Florida has no fear of UT ever. We just have to punch them in the mouth! That's how you get a bully's attention and respect.

Miami is a mess on offense from what I'm hearing. The QB play is in doubt even with the transfer of Tate Martell.

Somebody here earlier said the Gators will have a weak secondary?? Haha. They'll have one of the better secondaries in the country.
Florida ALWAYS has a good defense.

Offensively they have a ton of experience and talent at the skill spots. Franks continues to develop as a QB that does whatever it takes to win. Still not a strong passer, but he's hard to defend because he's big and can run but still hurt you with his arm too.

Florida is going to play a tight game against Miami for 3 qts, because Miami's defense has some talent. Offense won't do anything against UF defense though. Gators win by 3 tds.

By the team UT plays them, our defense will have began to dial in. Young guys like Henry T, Crouch, Burrell, Tank, Simmons and Harrison will have already played a good bit.

Offensively we'll struggle to run the ball. It will fall on our QB and maybe we can get some more Jennings magic. Need some balance offensively.

Florida has no fear of UT ever. We just have to punch them in the mouth! That's how you get a bully's attention and respect.
Love the objective view. I do think the FL off-field issues and the loss of Defensive personnel will hinder FL in some way, maybe not against us but later in the season. I think people are putting a lot of stock in Dan Mullen to get the offense where it needs to be and as for our O-line, by the time we get to FL we will be much improved, hopefully, wright and morris will be as advertised. Pruitt seems a not as concerned as he was last year about the O-line and Chaney, well the man can run an offense and I am sure he will put the offense in a position where are weaknesses won't hinder us too much. With that said I am not sure how Sept. 21st will go. I reserve my decision until our game against BYU and the FL and Miami. Honestly, I am not sure what to make of this year but I do think it will be a fun season to watch regardless of wins and losses. I think we will see flashes and the potential of TN of Ole.

Not really surprising. Lately we play like we’re snake bitten when we take the field against them. Even in our last win we got down 21-0 before turning the game around. We need to show some swagger early in the game.

Florida will definitely beat Tennessee, there’s zero doubt about that. But 16.5 points is too much to put money on, I’d bet Tennessee there. I’d also definitely take Vandy and the 7.5. They’ll very likely win outright since they’ve dominated the series the last 7 seasons.

Of all of the dismissals and everything, Steele has an effect because he would have played, but it has more of an effect for next season.

There is actually a rumor of a guy quitting football (medical reasons) that has far more potential impact than any of the players who have left.

Again, some of these things do have an impact on the future (depending on future recruiting as well), but it never makes sense to me how people get worked up about true freshman or role players no one ever heard of no longer being a part of the team effecting the current year’s team.

Another FYI, rumor has it Miami is terrible. I am hesitant to believe that until I see it because I know when a team wearing that helmet takes the field, they have athletes. Having said that, I have heard they will be God awful. Will be more than happy if true

Arguably only Bama has a better pair of starting corners in the SEC, and I wouldn’t trade our for theirs.

Our top 3 safeties return.

Depth is an issue, but our 1s are as good if not better than anyone on our schedule.

Yeah, you guys always have players back there.

Honestly, Bama's CB are prototype, but they got abused in the playoffs and SEC championship.

LSU with Fulton and True freshman Derek Stingley are better imo. Stingley is Champ Bailey good...

1) LSU
2) UF
3) Bama
4) Vols

Bryce Thompson and Alontae Taylor are young still, but they are complete CBs. Run support or pass defending, they can do it all.
Just like any great secondary, they need a pass rush to be very successful.

I wouldn't trade our tandem for anyone else's either. And our freshman Burrell is a prototype CB.

Reactions: Jaws
If all of the dismissals and everything, Steele has an effect because he would have played, but it has more of an effect for next season.

There is actually a rumor of a guy quitting football (medical reasons) that has far more potential impact than any of the players who have left.

Again, some of these things do have an impact on the future (depending on future recruiting as well), but it never makes sense to me how people get worked up about true freshman or role players no one ever heard of no longer being a part of the team effecting the current year’s team.

Another FYI, rumor has it Miami is terrible. I am hesitant to believe that until I see it because I know when a team wearing that helmet takes the field, they have athletes. Having said that, I have heard they will be God awful. Will be more than happy if true
Listening to ESPNU over the offseason, many analysts are taking a "wait and see" approach with Miami but believe the potential is there to make noise. The consensus is that is all hangs in the balance of the chosen QB.

Florida will definitely beat Tennessee, there’s zero doubt about that. But 16.5 points is too much to put money on, I’d bet Tennessee there. I’d also definitely take Vandy and the 7.5. They’ll very likely win outright since they’ve dominated the series the last 7 seasons.

Let them play the damn game first!
Geez...

This is whole different team man. If you concede to them already losing than the 16.5 isn't that out of reach.

Listening to ESPNU over the offseason, many analysts are taking a "wait and see" approach with Miami but believe the potential is there to make noise. The consensus is that is all hangs in the balance of the chosen QB.

Heard the QB is terrible, they have a couple of true freshman starting on the o-line and the offense in general is obscenely bad.

We’ll see

VN Store

Back