Tennessee’s record vs SEC by decade

I wouldn’t call 38-50 “pretty much dead even”
If my math is right the series is actually 37-39-8 if you eliminated the 70s and the 2010s.

However, still a funny statement...if you eliminate a 20-year time period where we only beat them once, the series is basically even. lol. We've only dominated them for a single decade in history, the 1950s.

If my math is right the series is actually 37-39-8 if you eliminated the 70s and the 2010s.

However, still a funny statement...if you eliminate a 20-year time period where we only beat them once, the series is basically even. lol. We've only dominated them for a single decade in history, the 1950s.
The point was that they are the best program of all time (even with massive cheating those two decades) and we still have held our own which is why we are one of the top ten programs of all time.

Those numbers show why boomers dislike Auburn, and don't mind UGA finally winning a NC.

I remember going to a game against gators in 1984 unable to name a player on their team.

Vandy and Kentucky could make a similar argument against us by eliminating entire decades. It’s dumb

"If pick sixes thrown to the other team were actually TDs to my WRs."

-JG

Reactions: 05_never_again
Didn’t lose a single game in the 90s to half the conference: Vanderbilt, Kentucky, Auburn, Georgia, Mississippi, or LSU. Had a winning record against everyone except Florida (3-7). I wish we could get back to that type of dominance.

The point was that they are the best program of all time (even with massive cheating those two decades) and we still have held our own which is why we are one of the top ten programs of all time.
Yep. If you eliminate the fact that Alabama has had arguably the two greatest coaches in the history of the sport, who coached there for 39+ years and won 12 national titles between them, Alabama does indeed have a pretty pedestrian program and we've held our own against them.

UT has a pretty pedestrian program if you eliminated the Neyland and Fulmer years too. We're actually undefeated all-time as a football program if you disregard all the losses.

Yep. If you eliminate the fact that Alabama has had arguably the two greatest coaches in the history of the sport, who coached there for 39+ years and won 12 national titles between them, Alabama does indeed have a pretty pedestrian program and we've held our own against them.

UT has a pretty pedestrian program if you eliminated the Neyland and Fulmer years too. We're actually undefeated all-time as a football program if you disregard all the losses.

Legendary coaches typically prevent the success of good coaches. Mark Richt would have probably won a tile if it weren't for Nick Saban in 2012. Fulmer would have won at least 2 more SEC titles in the 90s/early 2000s if Spurrier never coached at UF and Saban stayed at Mich State. Woulda, shoulda, coulda....... be better than the other guy.

Because I said pedestrian lol. Talk about a strawman. You are always consistent with you Minimizing how great a program we are

Because I said pedestrian lol. Talk about a strawman. You are always consistent with you Minimizing how great a program we are
You said we have "held our own" against Alabama. I'm curious to know how you define that term because they are 20 games above .500 against us all-time. If you go decade by decade since 1900, there has only been one decade (the 50s) where we really got the better of them. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Sure - we have held our own against them if you eliminate the Bryant and Saban eras, but it is hilarious to actually make that point non-facetiously, which is what I think you're doing.

UT is a historically strong program, but it is not in the same league as Alabama and a handful of other schools in terms of historical success.

You said we have "held our own" against Alabama. I'm curious to know how you define that term because they are 20 games above .500 against us all-time. If you go decade by decade since 1900, there has only been one decade (the 50s) where we really got the better of them. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Sure - we have held our own against them if you eliminate the Bryant and Saban eras, but it is hilarious to actually make that point non-facetiously, which is what I think you're doing.la

UT is a historically strong program, but it is not in the same league as Alabama and a handful of other schools in terms of historical success.
UT is not just “historically strong” but one of the top ten programs of all time in every conceivable measure

VN Store

Back