Tenn vs Florida St

Lol who comes up with this stuff?

FSU has had 3 losing seasons over the past 40 plus years……..Tennessee has had 8 over the past 13.

Not just 5 seasons back they were coming off 6 seasons of 10 or better wins out of 7. That 7th was 9-4, they also went 13-1, 14-0, and 12-2 during that stretch.

Even over the past 4 seasons they have went 21-26 with 2 bowl appearances.

Tennessee went, 20-27 with 1 bowl appearance.

Yep FSU has fallen hard recently.

But make no mistake……..Tennessee has fallen much harder. I don’t even think some folks realize how far and how hard Tennessee has fallen.

ALTHOUGH:

Tennessee “could” be on the upswing, time will tell. Hopefully Heupel will have them going in the right direction.

Reactions: VolsSportsFan
Yes we do. 8 years and 23 years ago are irrelevant to 2021. Why is this hard to understand?
Because you're talking about 2019, for one. And for two, 1 or 2 seasons don't outweigh a body of work. They're recent successes are better than ours if you look at their body of work.

It is amazing how some of the so called ut fans seem to really have a true dislike for them, then they mask it by saying they are realist…
Or maybe long time informed fans hate it when some fans embarrass the fan base with silliness

It is amazing how some of the so called ut fans seem to really have a true dislike for them, then they mask it by saying they are realist…
They are bitter people who must have miserable lives. Or they are simply trolls. Most actual fans can be realist without having to be negative every single post

Or maybe long time informed fans hate it when some fans embarrass the fan base with silliness

I can promise you that I am a long time fan,and consider myself fairly well informed, but I don’t see the need to go on every thread like some people do and bash ut. If I was that Miserable then I think I would find something else to do. And I wish I was half as smart as some on vn think they are…

None of that NC stuff is relevant to 2021 and none of what FSU did 4 years ago matters. I dont know of anyone who seriously said it looked like Jeremy Pruitt had the team ready to play WVA after that throttling they gave us. This team in 2 games looks light years ahead of that team's first 2 games even in the loss to Pitt. That's turning a page on how things went in previous years whether you think so or not. I never said it means we're going to be world beaters because of it.

Nice qualifier....."seriously said".

Yeah it might be "turning a page" but that's about as low of a bar as you can get. And yes people were talking about Pruitt "turning a page" several times in his tenure.

No they don’t. We aren’t talking about 8 years ago. It’s 2021. Since Fisher left they have zero winning seasons. We have 1 and a bowl win.

We win.

ROFL. One person claimed it was "90s talk" and then backtracked because they obviously forgot about 2013.

Switch the scenarios; if we had won an NC 8 years ago and won the Orange Bowl 5 years ago and an FSU fan came in claiming they were in better shape, this place would crucify them. Get that weak s*** out of here.

Reactions: JoAllan
I'm not laughing at them. What I'm saying is we look to have coaches actually coaching the team up. If our QB clicks or we find one who can we are going to be fine. FSU looks like they have Jeremy Pruitt down there coaching things up.
I'm no nega Vol (get roasted by my family for my positivity) but I want to know where you're getting this impression of the team. We don't have a QB, the O line can't pass protect for sh*t, the defense just gave up 41 points to a middling Pitt program and we had 14 penalties. Where do you see this team "getting coached up" after the first two weeks?

I legit believe in Heupel and this staff, and I think they can be successful here. But you're tootin' your horn here after two pretty lousy performances.

I'm no nega Vol (get roasted by my family for my positivity) but I want to know where you're getting this impression of the team. We don't have a QB, the O line can't pass protect for sh*t, the defense just gave up 41 points to a middling Pitt program and we had 14 penalties. Where do you see this team "getting coached up" after the first two weeks?

I legit believe in Heupel and this staff, and I think they can be successful here. But you're tootin' your horn here after two pretty lousy performances.

Were they really “lousy” performances by the coach/coaches…….or simply bad execution at times by a woefully down team who “may” need time to grow?

Plenty of blame to go around, could be some of both but seriously?

A bad block in the back here. A terrible time for a hold there. An easy TD pass missed by an overthrow, fumbles and a very ill timed interception…..the list goes on and on.

“Most”…..not all…..but most of which was simply bad execution from players. Any one of which could have changed the game…..just one of them.

Don’t get me wrong……..if all these things are still happening in year 3…….you have a problem. However it’s game 2 of year 1 and we knew there was a problem…………last years team was the worst I’ve ever seen.

Were they really “lousy” performances by the coach/coaches…….or simply bad execution at times by a woefully down team who “may” need time to grow?

Plenty of blame to go around, could be some of both but seriously?

A bad block in the back here. A terrible time for a hold there. An easy TD pass missed by an overthrow, fumbles and a very ill timed interception…..the list goes on and on.

“Most”…..not all…..but most of which was simply bad execution from players. Any one of which could have changed the game…..just one of them.

Don’t get me wrong……..if all these things are still happening in year 3…….you have a problem. However it’s game 2 of year 1 and we knew there was a problem…………last years team was the worst I’ve ever seen.
Right lol, which is why I asked why he's bragging about our team compared to FSU. Everything you listed is correct, and as you said is all fixable, but it's still all happening which is why I asked why he's bragging. We aren't good right now. If Heupel starts to turn us around in year 2 and our trajectory is positive, absolutely take shots at other down programs. But we're just in no position to do that right now.

Right lol, which is why I asked why he's bragging about our team compared to FSU. Everything you listed is correct, and as you said is all fixable, but it's still all happening which is why I asked why he's bragging. We aren't good right now. If Heupel starts to turn us around in year 2 and our trajectory is positive, absolutely take shots at other down programs. But we're just in no position to do that right now.

May bad

I must have mis read…….I’m with you on the FSU…….stupid to even compare right now.

Reactions: Joe Dirt

I didn't brag on anything and not laughing at FSU. Obviously neither team is good right now but I do see some positivity though and agree with OP that I'd rather be where we are right now than where they are. They look way worse than us.

VN Store

Back