Tenet 7/17/2020 (Directed by Christopher Nolan)

mrmax86

Fight. Strain. Compete.
I'm a huge Christopher Nolan (The Prestige, Dark Knight Trilogy, Inception, Interstellar, Dunkirk) fan, so I thought I'd start a new thread for his next movie, Tenet, which is set to premiere July 17, 2020. He is the Director/Writer and a Producer of the movie

Some facts that I have put together regarding this movie (so far):
  • Hans Zimmer is NOT composing the music this time around. Ludwig Göransson is. He won an Oscar for his score for Black Panther.
  • The film is set on-location in many locations world-wide (7 countries?)
  • The budget is ~$225 million!
  • Plot
    • Set in the world of international espionage (spy movie?)
    • Rumored to deal with the concept of the space/time continuum.
  • Cast
    • John David Washington (BlaKkKlansman, Denzel's son)
    • Robert Pattinson
    • Elizabeth Debicki (Gatsby, Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol 2)
    • Aaron Taylor-Johnson (Avengers: Age of Ultron)
    • Kenneth Branagh
    • Michael Caine
    • Clémence Poésy (Fleur Delacour in Harry Potter Movies)
  • Hotye Van Hoytema is back for Cinematography (also did Interstellar and Dunkirk)
  • Nolan's Wife, Emma Thomas, is back as a Producer for the film
  • Robert Pattinson has been quoted stating the movie is "the length of three movies" and "I read the script and it's unreal."
First official trailer!

Look for an extended trailer before IMAX showings of The Rise of Skywalker

Last edited:
Reactions: Jackcrevol
I love Nolan's movies, but I'm very disappointed you left The Prestige off your list of favorites.

Prestige spoilers:

The Prestige was good until Bale lies to Jackman and tells him Tesla has the secret to his transported man illusion. It's just the wildest, dumbest coincidence that Tesla does have a solution and it pivoted from a movie about clever magic to sci fi. I was so disappointed. Movies usually wait for the sequel to jump the shark

Prestige spoilers:

The Prestige was good until Bale lies to Jackman and tells him Tesla has the secret to his transported man illusion. It's just the wildest, dumbest coincidence that Tesla does have a solution and it pivoted from a movie about clever magic to sci fi. I was so disappointed. Movies usually wait for the sequel to jump the shark

Yeah but Bowie was playing Tesla so all was forgiven.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
I don’t even know what to say about this one. Watched it last night and it was awesome, but I’m lost as to what all was happening. I’m sure there are plot holes galore, but I’ll definitely see it again and try to sort out more of what was happening.

What a movie! It is one we would all need to watch multiple times to catch all the nuances. Very fast pace.
Which is why I will wait and buy it when I comes out so I can watch and rewind to catch all of it. Its a Nolan film so I wouldn't expect anything less. One of my favorite directors l

VN Store

Back