Tell Me Your Worst Dating Story?

When I was at UT I lived in an apartment just behind the Pilot on Chapman. Almost every morning I would stop in for pop tarts and a vanilla cappuccino in the winter or pop tarts and a Dr. Pepper in the spring/summer/fall then drive through Vestal to get to campus. One afternoon while getting gas, the manager pulls me to the side and tells me this chick (that he knows) saw me one morning and wanted to know if I was dating anyone. I asked what she looked like and at that time I did not know what "she has a pretty face" meant. So, I give him my number to give her and we talk a few times. We set up a Saturday to go to a rodeo in Seymore or Sevierville (can't remember which). During our conversations she casually mentioned that she had an offer just out of high school to model in London. So, I'm thinking I really have something going on here. I asked where she lived so I can pick her up and she stated she will just meet me at my apartment. Now, I thought she was being smart by not having a stranger know where she lived and become a stalker.

We set up a 6:00 time for her to be there and had planned to go to the Mexican joint in the small outlet/shopping center beside Sonic on Chapman. Well, just about six o'clock I heard a knock on the door and with anticipation I jump up to open it. When I did, I guess my face dropped because her expression was one of embarrassment and I did feel bad. While we were eating I tried everything to talk her into/convince her to to to West Town mall to a movie instead!! I've told this story many times and one of these times a work colleague years ago, before I finished my story, stated "Imma guess she was talking about modeling for Lane Bryant and you wanted to go to a movie because the theatre was dark". He was exactly right. However, I didn't know what Lane Bryant was. Now, the story gets better.

After the rodeo, we get back to my apartment and instead of inviting her in I walk her straight to her car. Very minimal chit chat and then I tell her I have to get to bed. She calls several times over the next couple of weeks and the first few times I answer just to be polite but then I stop. After about the second week, I'm firing up my grill and I hear a vehicle coming down the hill. In my mind I'm thinking it's her but then I think nah, there is no way. I play that game "if I don't look up it wont be her". So, I did not look up! Not even a glance. The car comes down, pulls in front of me, goes into park and then shuts off and I never take my eyes off the grill. The driver gets out, shuts the door and walks right up to me. Sure enough, it was her!

Moral to the story guys, if you are ever set up on a blind date and you are told she has a pretty face, she is going to be a hefty girl!

When I was at UT I lived in an apartment just behind the Pilot on Chapman. Almost every morning I would stop in for pop tarts and a vanilla cappuccino in the winter or pop tarts and a Dr. Pepper in the spring/summer/fall then drive through Vestal to get to campus. One afternoon while getting gas, the manager pulls me to the side and tells me this chick (that he knows) saw me one morning and wanted to know if I was dating anyone. I asked what she looked like and at that time I did not know what "she has a pretty face" meant. So, I give him my number to give her and we talk a few times. We set up a Saturday to go to a rodeo in Seymore or Sevierville (can't remember which). During our conversations she casually mentioned that she had an offer just out of high school to model in London. So, I'm thinking I really have something going on here. I asked where she lived so I can pick her up and she stated she will just meet me at my apartment. Now, I thought she was being smart by not having a stranger know where she lived and become a stalker.

We set up a 6:00 time for her to be there and had planned to go to the Mexican joint in the small outlet/shopping center beside Sonic on Chapman. Well, just about six o'clock I heard a knock on the door and with anticipation I jump up to open it. When I did, I guess my face dropped because her expression was one of embarrassment and I did feel bad. While we were eating I tried everything to talk her into/convince her to to to West Town mall to a movie instead!! I've told this story many times and one of these times a work colleague years ago, before I finished my story, stated "Imma guess she was talking about modeling for Lane Bryant and you wanted to go to a movie because the theatre was dark". He was exactly right. However, I didn't know what Lane Bryant was. Now, the story gets better.

After the rodeo, we get back to my apartment and instead of inviting her in I walk her straight to her car. Very minimal chit chat and then I tell her I have to get to bed. She calls several times over the next couple of weeks and the first few times I answer just to be polite but then I stop. After about the second week, I'm firing up my grill and I hear a vehicle coming down the hill. In my mind I'm thinking it's her but then I think nah, there is no way. I play that game "if I don't look up it wont be her". So, I did not look up! Not even a glance. The car comes down, pulls in front of me, goes into park and then shuts off and I never take my eyes off the grill. The driver gets out, shuts the door and walks right up to me. Sure enough, it was her!

Moral to the story guys, if you are ever set up on a blind date and you are told she has a pretty face, she is going to be a hefty girl!
Sounds like she had kind of been stalking you even before the manager spoke to you. How did you get her to stop coming around?

Sounds like she had kind of been stalking you even before the manager spoke to you. How did you get her to stop coming around?

I tried my best not to be mean! I just ignored her, was short and completely stopped answering her calls. She finally got the hint!

Funniest thing for me was, while we were in Mexican eating I was so ticked that that I had been played! However, after several minutes of analyzing that situation, had it been one of my friends, I would have done the exact same thing for this story!!!!

Reactions: MAD
Been there. Dated a girl for as long as I could who was straight up crazy until I couldn’t take it anymore. I kick myself to this day. Straight up freak though.
Been in that spot. I wasn't one to cheat or mess around when I was dating someone, but things got so bad with a particular psycho that I did go out on her with one of my fraternity's little sisters. Things got serious pretty quick with the new girl and the psycho got pretty uptight. Fortunately, all the psycho's threats were never carried out ( I guess she was a benign psycho, but a psycho nonetheless ). The best part of the story is the new girl eventually became my wife and we will have been married for 31 years this June 23.

Been in that spot. I wasn't one to cheat or mess around when I was dating someone, but things got so bad with a particular psycho that I did go out on her with one of my fraternity's little sisters. Things got serious pretty quick with the new girl and the psycho got pretty uptight. Fortunately, all the psycho's threats were never carried out ( I guess she was a benign psycho, but a psycho nonetheless ). The best part of the story is the new girl eventually became my wife and we will have been married for 31 years this June 23.
Love that, a story with a happy ending. Congrats on 31 years

Reactions: HollowaytoSeivers

B3A44E8B-B095-47BE-BFA6-1AF4C5B8217B.gif

I’m confused, how do you get to campus driving through Vestal if you lived in Chapman?

In 1980, I returned to Atlanta from Las Cruces, NM to take a management job with a record store chain. I met a lovely young woman who also worked there, but as she was not in my organization, it wasn't against company policy for us to fraternize outside of work. Our mutual attraction was obvious, and I asked her out. She wanted to go to a dance club at cocktail hour to check it out before the music made conversation impossible.

We're seated in a booth near the dance floor. We've taken our first sip of our drinks when she excuses herself to go to the lavatory. While we're talking, she excuses herself to go to the lavatory two more times. Just as we're served our second round, she goes to the lavatory yet again. She seems tipsier than she should be after one drink. Within minutes of her return, it's clear that she's intoxicated. She's loud and sloppy. Gesticulating with her hands as she speaks to me, she slaps her drink out onto the dance floor. She laughs and starts shouting for another drink. The manager approaches me and asks us to leave.

Though she's reluctant to go, she does accompany me out the door without creating a scene. We get to my pickup truck (1969 Ford F100 240 six with three on the tree), and I open the passenger door and help her in. I walk around and get in on the drivers side. I glance over at her. She thumps her head against the dash and pukes onto the floorboards. When she's done, I ask if she's OK, or if she needs to go to the ER. She claims that she's alright. I take her home, then pull into the nearest gas station to use the water to hose out my cab. The next day, I thoroughly cleaned my truck.

When next we spoke, the woman was unapologetic, explaining that she took too many 'ludes. They weren't kicking in until they did all at once. I told her that I didn't have an issue with recreational drug use, but expected folks in my company (especially a first date) to give me a heads up beforehand. I kept my distance afterwards.
So the girl basically roofied herself. Impressive.

I’m confused, how do you get to campus driving through Vestal if you lived in Chapman?
There was a street/road that if I turned left it took me to Sevier Hwy. Turn right then turn left at a Greek restaurant, go up to a red light and turn right. Follow that curvy azz road and it came out on Alcoa Hwy.

I had a went on a date with a girl from a town over. She got my number from a mutual friend. Go to meet her, we go on a date, get back to her house, she invites me in, I meet her family (I was 16). Then she got a call and started acting weird. I asked what was going on that when she tells me she has a boyfriend, that boyfriend (6' and 150) and one of his buddies (6'-6" and 280) are at the end of the driveway waiting on me to come out. I was 5'-10" and 185 so the odds were really in my favor. I proceed to call her every word in the book and leave.

These two then pull a gun on me going down the road, so I ran every red light through town and did a nice juke move in the car to lose them. Then the hoe gave him my phone number so he started harassing me. I saw them a few years later and reminded him of the incident and offered a one on one matchup without the gun and his buddy in the store. He scurried out in a hurry. The girl gained about 40 lbs in a hurry too.

I had a went on a date with a girl from a town over. She got my number from a mutual friend. Go to meet her, we go on a date, get back to her house, she invites me in, I meet her family (I was 16). Then she got a call and started acting weird. I asked what was going on that when she tells me she has a boyfriend, that boyfriend (6' and 150) and one of his buddies (6'-6" and 280) are at the end of the driveway waiting on me to come out. I was 5'-10" and 185 so the odds were really in my favor. I proceed to call her every word in the book and leave.

These two then pull a gun on me going down the road, so I ran every red light through town and did a nice juke move in the car to lose them. Then the hoe gave him my phone number so he started harassing me. I saw them a few years later and reminded him of the incident and offered a one on one matchup without the gun and his buddy in the store. He scurried out in a hurry. The girl gained about 40 lbs in a hurry too.
Sounds like you are lucky to still be alive after that date.

It really was one of the few times I have ever been scared for my life.
I was at a party that wound up in a similar state. It was at a house of some kid from a rival high school but I was there with some of his friends so they gave me a pass. Well it's zero dark thirty and I realize my allies have slipped off. One guy comes up to me and says you see that guy over there? Yeah. Well in a minute he's going to kick your ass. And then that guy over there is going to kick your ass. And then I'm going to kick your ass. I was like uh ok let me go pee real quick. I went inside, grabbed their bottle of Absolut from the fridge, and took off out another door and into the hay field in front of the house. Guy had a long driveway up a hill and I was parked at the bottom. They didn't see me until it was too late. I was slightly pissed off that I'd been ditched and left in that position. I did not share the vodka.

I was at a party that wound up in a similar state. It was at a house of some kid from a rival high school but I was there with some of his friends so they gave me a pass. Well it's zero dark thirty and I realize my allies have slipped off. One guy comes up to me and says you see that guy over there? Yeah. Well in a minute he's going to kick your ass. And then that guy over there is going to kick your ass. And then I'm going to kick your ass. I was like uh ok let me go pee real quick. I went inside, grabbed their bottle of Absolut from the fridge, and took off out another door and into the hay field in front of the house. Guy had a long driveway up a hill and I was parked at the bottom. They didn't see me until it was too late. I was slightly pissed off that I'd been ditched and left in that position. I did not share the vodka.
What did you do to piss them off, dance with one of their girls or was it just because you were a rival?

VN Store

Back