Tell me what you think holly was doing?

I don't know what the intent of the original post was, but sisaq has not shied away from regularly making fun of Holly, and it seemed to me that this was just a thinly veiled invitation to people like Zues who can't resist an opportunity to show how immature they are, as well as those who egg them on.

That poster spends a lot of time finding such pictures and tracking everything HW. Holly seems to be an obsession with this poster. It's odd.

I just saw this pic..but can't figure out wat holly was trying to do.

Simple. She is attempting to use her psychic abilities to help with another turnover. I know this by the way she is intently focusing on the ball, not the player!!

Maybe she spotted one of Anriel Howard's fake eyelashes on the floor and was swooping down to lift it off the floor?

Reactions: sisaq
I think she was making a point to her players. "This is what you should be doing...." It makes sense.

"Hands down on D like this! Like this! Don't slide your feet! Don't slide your feet! Let 'er go by! Let 'er go by! Give 'er the rim'! Give 'er the rim! If you play D, Orange, you sit!"

As a coach we have all done what she is/should be doing
She was taking up space
Anything out of bounds is out of bounds, coaches, refs, etc...
So if the ball touches me, it is out of bounds by contact...

Maybe
screenshot_20190312-214204_samsung-internet-jpg.197498

Last edited:
She obviously went to All you can eat Taco Thursday.

Just letting a little pressure out the vent pipe.

I believe I saw that play during the game. It was off a turnover or a loose ball that Scott came away with, and Holly was about ready to catch her in case she came barreling over the sidelines. It looks funny as a still picture, but I don't think there was much to it.

You know, the Knoxville News Sentinel actually put this image in context with this caption: "Mississippi State's Bre'Amber Scott recovers a loose ball in front of Tennessee's bench."

In real time, Scott had probably just recovered her balance, the instant before she was charging to the sideline. Hence, Holly was still bracing for a collision and in a position to catch Scott before she crashed into the bench area.

Anyone but a troll, an illiterate, or a flaming idiot (or some combination thereof) would be able to figure out "what Holly was doing" from the info the News Sentinel provided.

Last edited:
You know, the Knoxville News Sentinel actually put this image in context with this caption: "Mississippi State's Bre'Amber Scott recovers a loose ball in front of Tennessee's bench."

In real time, Scott had probably just recovered her balance, the instant before she was charging to the sideline. Hence, Holly was still bracing for a collision and in a position to catch Scott before she crashed into the bench area.

Anyone but a troll, an illiterate, or a flaming idiot (or some combination thereof) would be able to figure out what "what Holly was doing" from the info the News Sentinel provided.

Right... but of course some can’t pass up an opportunity to make fun of her since the photo captured her in an awkward position. The thread was posted to encourage others to make fun of her and I truly can’t believe it hasn’t been deleted.

Of course I got called a “snowflake” for this point of view, which I am far from it. I detest political correctness, but we can’t go so far in that direction we lose our common decency.

But by all means, let them carry on....

Right... but of course some can’t pass up an opportunity to make fun of her since the photo captured her in an awkward position. The thread was posted to encourage others to make fun of her and I truly can’t believe it hasn’t been deleted.

Of course I got called a “snowflake” for this point of view, which I am far from it. I detest political correctness, but we can’t go so far in that direction we lose our common decency.

But by all means, let them carry on....
At this point who gives a dayamm what Holly thinks?

2w0oih.jpg

Reactions: Putbacks
At this point who gives a dayamm what Holly thinks?

View attachment 197695
The poster you are responding to said nothing about "what Holly thinks" per se but that a ridiculing a person is incompatible with basic standards of human decency. You know, like how we teach kids not to make fun of others. So, to spell it out for ya, it is one thing to criticize Holly for her coaching shortcomings and quite another thing to make fun of her appearance, her accent or, in this case, a photo that caught her in an awkward stance. Of course, sadly, in a world where social interactions are mediated by digital technology people don't have to face the interpersonal consequences of their posts. So, to answer your question, a decent person should care about how Holly feels about being subjected to vindicative ridicule about her appearance.

Last edited:
Speaking of illiteracy, the poster you are responding to said nothing about "what Holly thinks" per se but that a ridiculing a person is incompatible with basic standards of human decency. You know, like how we teach kids not to make fun of others. So, to spell it out for ya, it is one thing to criticize Holly for her coaching shortcomings and quite another thing to make fun of her appearance, her accent or, in this case, a photo that caught her in an awkward stance. Of course, sadly, in a world where social interactions are mediated by digital technology people don't have to face the interpersonal consequences of their posts. So, to answer your question, a decent person should care about how Holly feels about being subjected to vindicative ridicule about her appearance.

Exactly - that is it in a nutshell. As they say, “It takes all kinds to make the world go around,” I guess. Glad I was raised better and my children also. I am guilty of reacting badly to some of these hateful comments, but I never set out to ridicule anyone’s appeareance, speech, etc.

On that note.... did you see the guy on twitter who was bashing Tamika and saying “he couldn’t believe they allowed someone with a speech impediment so game commentary?” I thought I was gonna have a stroke on that one! I said, “Jesus take the wheel!” 😩

The poster you are responding to said nothing about "what Holly thinks" per se but that a ridiculing a person is incompatible with basic standards of human decency. You know, like how we teach kids not to make fun of others. So, to spell it out for ya, it is one thing to criticize Holly for her coaching shortcomings and quite another thing to make fun of her appearance, her accent or, in this case, a photo that caught her in an awkward stance. Of course, sadly, in a world where social interactions are mediated by digital technology people don't have to face the interpersonal consequences of their posts. So, to answer your question, a decent person should care about how Holly feels about being subjected to vindicative ridicule about her appearance.

Great post and well said!

I truly want a coaching change. I have wanted a coaching change for years. Holly Warlick, in my opinion, is not an effective, or even competent, head coach. She has not grown into the job. She had a fair opportunity to establish herself and, now, I think she should be replaced.

However, wanting a coaching change does not mean that the coach that I criticize is a bad person or needs to be the butt of cowardly personal attacks by anonymous posters on a website. Holly is also a wonderful person, an all-time great VFL who personally gave years of her life (not all of them highly paid) to help establish the foundation of this wonderful program, and she is entitled to the respect of this fan-base. The personal stuff is BS, unnecessary, and, most likely, counterproductive. Honestly, snarky to gutter level comments provide far more information about the posters' character than about Holly's shortcomings. Can't we just clean it up and demonstrate the class that the Lady Vols program deserves?

Last edited:
I don't know what the intent of the original post was, but sisaq has not shied away from regularly making fun of Holly, and it seemed to me that this was just a thinly veiled invitation to people like Zues who can't resist an opportunity to show how immature they are, as well as those who egg them on.
You lost me after "I don't know"

VN Store

Back