Tell me what you think holly was doing?

Great post and well said!

I truly want a coaching change. I have wanted a coaching change for years. Holly Warlick, in my opinion, is not an effective, or even competent, head coach. She has not grown into the job. She had a fair opportunity to establish herself and, now, I think she should be replaced.

However, wanting a coaching change does not mean that the coach that I criticize is a bad person or needs to be the butt of cowardly personal attacks by anonymous posters on a website. Holly is also a wonderful person, an all-time great VFL who personally gave years of her life (not all of them highly paid) to help establish the foundation of this wonderful program, and she is entitled to the respect of this fan-base. The personal stuff is BS, unnecessary, and, most likely, counterproductive. Honestly, snarky to gutter level comments provide far more information about the posters' character than about Holly's shortcomings. Can't we just clean it up and demonstrate the class that the Lady Vols program deserves?

well said

The NCAA finally put TENN in the same bracket as UCONN. If both teams win their first two games then they meet up. Won't that be special.

Honestly, there is little chance that this LV team makes it past the first weekend. They might be able to upset UCLA, if UCLA is having an off night, but Maryland will be the proverbial bridge too far.

I have no problem readily acknowledging nor is my identity threatened by the objective fact that UConn women are and have been for a decade now, clearly superior to the LVs.

I am very happy that Uconn's success (though they have slipped just a bit this season) helps you compensate for your feelings of inadequacy and lack of personal achievements.

Have a splendid time in Orlando, and though I am not a UConn fan and have too much self-respect to troll the Boneyard, I hope your team (totem of identity?) makes it that far.

In Orlando, you can get some great ribs at Sugarboo's Bar-B-Q.

Honestly, there is little chance that this LV team makes it past the first weekend. They might be able to upset UCLA, if UCLA is having an off night, but Maryland will be the proverbial bridge too far.

I have no problem readily acknowledging nor is my identity threatened by the objective fact that UConn women are and have been for a decade now, clearly superior to the LVs.

I am very happy that Uconn's success (though they have slipped just a bit this season) helps you compensate for your feelings of inadequacy and lack of personal achievements.

Have a splendid time in Orlando, and though I am not a UConn fan and have too much self-respect to troll the Boneyard, I hope your team (totem of identity?) makes it that far.

In Orlando, you can get some great ribs at Sugarboo's Bar-B-Q.

I think these girls are going to want this date with Geno to prove they are what they are supposed to be

An admiral thought, and one that might be a possibility if they had a different coach. However, they have Holly. And UConn has the stingiest defense this side of Baylor. So....I'm sticking with my answer.

these girls are much better than their season ans SEC performances
You are absolutely correct
The coach can inspire or expire energy, attitude and ambition

by not using timeouts to interrupt momentums
by sporadic subbing
by not demanding elite-level play
by letting turnovers just happen without repercussions
by not letting players take "minute vacations" while on the court

Yes, if we do get to Geno, it will be up to the girls

and I still believe in them

I agree with that point. I have no doubt they want to win. Unfortunately, they are in a system which makes that goal very hard to realize.

I feel the girls are in an awkward spot
They want to fight, but for what?
more of the same?
They have come to UT to try to rebuild the legacy in women's BB
only to find that "the only fire that burns to become greater" is in the players

the staff,,,are just like the teams...names have changed
but that's all
same results same tendencies

Not one of them has shown me the fire
Remember the fire, Coach Fulmer...
The one that burned in the tunnel before the Natty game

I do

I agree with that point. I have no doubt they want to win. Unfortunately, they are in a system which makes that goal very hard to realize.

Yes, and when they fail to go deep into the tournament they will, once again, place the entire blame for it on themselves, as is now customary for crestfallen Lady Vols. I absolutely HATE this. If they had a working offense and a well-taught set of fundamental skills to work with, then sure, I can see them going into this thing with everyone believing that they "have the power within themselves to do it as long as they put forth enough effort."

Effort is great! But there's not going to be any games coming up against opponents who aren't going to be giving maximum effort, and THEY will also have been steadily improving all season long and learning things called "plays" during disciplined practices and games. Just sayin'!

Yes, and when they fail to go deep into the tournament they will, once again, place the entire blame for it on themselves, as is now customary for crestfallen Lady Vols. I absolutely HATE this. If they had a working offense and a well-taught set of fundamental skills to work with, then sure, I can see them going into this thing with everyone believing that they "have the power within themselves to do it as long as they put forth enough effort."

Effort is great! But there's not going to be any games coming up against opponents who aren't going to be giving maximum effort, and THEY will also have been steadily improving all season long and learning things called "plays" during disciplined practices and games. Just sayin'!

Excellent point
This is the dance
the athlete's Prom
it goes beyond effort,,it is imposing your will every game

these girls are much better than their season ans SEC performances
Huh? Is that even possible? How do we know they're better? Who gets to see that? All we have to go by is their actual performances. As Maya Angelou said, "If someone shows you who they are, believe them." 30 games in, they are who we think they are. The system they're in is what we think it is.

Could they be better? Should they? Probably. Are they likely to be significantly better by this weekend? Probably not. I don't doubt they want to and will try to, but I just don't think they have the coaching and execution chops to have sustained good play in the tourney. Be glad to be proven wrong though.

Yes, and when they fail to go deep into the tournament they will, once again, place the entire blame for it on themselves, as is now customary for crestfallen Lady Vols
It is a disturbing trend in playerspeak in postgame interviews. It's like the go-to politically correct post-game interview answer after a loss. I was floored to hear the first words out of Grant Williams' mouth after the Auburn loss Sunday be "They wanted it more."

I don't think for one instant Grant meant that nor that one guy on that team didn't want to win that championship with every last fiber. LOL I guess they're never supposed to say, "We were just really, really bad today". And heaven forbid they ever say "The game plan sucked!" It's just kind of an auto-answer of responsibility-taking.

LOL, take them figuratively, not literally when blame their own lack of effort.

It is a disturbing trend in playerspeak in postgame interviews. It's like the go-to politically correct post-game interview answer after a loss. I was floored to hear the first words out of Grant Williams' mouth after the Auburn loss Sunday be "They wanted it more."

I don't think for one instant Grant meant that nor that one guy on that team didn't want to win that championship with every last fiber. LOL I guess they're never supposed to say, "We were just really, really bad today". And heaven forbid they ever say "The game plan sucked!" It's just kind of an auto-answer of responsibility-taking.

LOL, take them figuratively, not literally when blame their own lack of effort.

It does veer from sullen hostage-scripted pronouncements on some occasions to borderline Stepford-wifeish on others.

Whatever the case, it's agonizing to watch the public misery of these young women. You can almost feel the sigh of relief from the players who didn't draw the short straws that will send them to the media room.

VN Store

Back