Ted Valentine out

I think it was contact tracing that got those 3 refs sent home (Valentine, Higgins, and Ayers). What I read said that 1 tested positive, and 6 were sent home due to contact tracing. Regardless, that's 3 of the top 12 refs in college basketball according to KP.

I think it was contact tracing that got those 3 refs sent home (Valentine, Higgins, and Ayers). What I read said that 1 tested positive, and 6 were sent home due to contact tracing. Regardless, that's 3 of the top 12 refs in college basketball according to KP.
What is KP? KenPom? I was trying to find the top college basketball officials.

What is KP? KenPom? I was trying to find the top college basketball officials.
Yes - KenPom. His method of ranking them isn't perfect. It basically says that the officials getting the best games must be the best officials. I'm not sure I buy that. As for TV Teddy, I think most people's problems with him stem from his antics rather than his actual calls. I'd also say that any referee ranking that has Pat Adams and Doug Shows in the top 50 is questionable at best.

Reactions: Lurker
Yes - KenPom. His method of ranking them isn't perfect. It basically says that the officials getting the best games must be the best officials. I'm not sure I buy that. As for TV Teddy, I think most people's problems with him stem from his antics rather than his actual calls. I'd also say that any referee ranking that has Pat Adams and Doug Shows in the top 50 is questionable at best.
Any ref whose name I know, I assume is bad at their job

We can’t get one of the best refs I have seen, Todd Austin, because he played a few minutes at Tennessee.

The officiating in the last tournament was terribly inconsistent. It didn't cost our game against bama, but there were terrible calls made both ways. On bamas last possession before our missed free throws they should have called traveling on the bama player and I still fail to see where we got fouled either. I would have much rather us brought the ball up the floor instead of a player that had been on the bench the entire game and a 50-50 free throw shooter at the line. There were so horrible charges and blocks called both ways, and many hard fouls not called only to have a tick tack one called on the other end. I know basketball is hard to call, but there were many bad calls, just saying. GBO!!!!

Reactions: volmainia2
I have watched Ted over the years and without a doubt Ted makes it about him. I'm sure he's a fine upstanding man but the most emotional, over the top camera hawk official I have ever seen. And that's just plain bad for the game.

The officiating in the last tournament was terribly inconsistent. It didn't cost our game against bama, but there were terrible calls made both ways. On bamas last possession before our missed free throws they should have called traveling on the bama player and I still fail to see where we got fouled either. I would have much rather us brought the ball up the floor instead of a player that had been on the bench the entire game and a 50-50 free throw shooter at the line. There were so horrible charges and blocks called both ways, and many hard fouls not called only to have a tick tack one called on the other end. I know basketball is hard to call, but there were many bad calls, just saying. GBO!!!!
It did seem they struggled the whole tournament. In our game with Bama they seemed to be out of position constantly. I have close friends who officiate other SEC sports and I know its a difficult job but some are just better than others.

I'm sure it's like the NBA where the officials that "get the best games" are the ones who are "Company men." (i.e. favor the big schools/superstars/big market teams).

Reactions: Orange Swagger

VN Store

Back