Tebow with Urban again

Everything should be “fair and equitable.”

Let me know how that turns out

You just said this was nepotism and calling it special treatment and then turn around and say it's ignorant to say he doesn't deserve a shot or is taking someone else's spot......so either you're talking out of both sides of your mouth or you really don't understand nepotism.

And rightfully so.
Huh? He hasn't made the team yet.

If he had been signed in mid-season and someone were actually kicked off the roster (as I recall Doug Flutie came to the Bears from the CFL that way) I could see it. But it won't be obvious which of the final cuts that Tebow squeezed out would have made the team if Tebow does.

Huh? He hasn't made the team yet.

If he had been signed in mid-season and someone were actually kicked off the roster (as I recall Doug Flutie came to the Bears from the CFL that way) I could see it. But it won't be obvious which of the final cuts that Tebow squeezed out would have made the team if Tebow does.

I don’t begrudge any vet in that locker room taking issue with Tebow getting an opportunity because of who the head coach is, nearly a decade removed from a mostly forgettable NFL career (except for one memorable playoff win), playing a new position for the first time at 33 years old.

I don’t begrudge any vet in that locker room questioning Urban Meyer, who has yet to prove himself at the highest level for bringing in Tebow, whether he makes the team or not.

Tebow didn't just have a tryout...he had a roster spot on their AA and AAA teams, not just low A or an independent league. All as a 28-31 year old who hadn't played baseball since high school. He was almost surely taking a roster spot away from a younger player who was an actual prospect, not just a dude making a publicity stunt. AA is where most of the top prospects are and AAA is made up of replacement-level big leaguers/top prospects on the verge of making it to the show. The fact he played 77 games at the level just below Major League Baseball is a complete joke.
There are not roster full of true prospects at AA and AAA level…… most guys are and will always only be minor leaguers…. Tebow brought money to the minor league teams that needed the money.

There are not roster full of true prospects at AA and AAA level…… most guys are and will always only be minor leaguers…. Tebow brought money to the minor league teams that needed the money.

Which proves his point correct that it was a publicity stunt.

I wonder if it was more of Urban wanting someone in the locker room that would be his cheerleader if things weren’t going so well.
Having it be the outsider may not be a good idea. May just double down the us/them issue.

I wonder if it was more of Urban wanting someone in the locker room that would be his cheerleader if things weren’t going so well.

The Jags thing while still at least part publicity I think it more organic since at least Tebow played for Meyer, and it's his main sport he's known for.

VN Store

Back