Team News (current roster)

For the younger guys, I’m excited that they may stick around and develop since we’re likely to lose 5+ guys out of the rotation.

No, I was replying to the idea of getting Mashack minutes and going small primarily…not sure I totally buy Barnes committing to that. My best guess as of today is this is the average mpg you’d see, game to game will vary, small vs. big with matchups etc.

Zeigler 30/Key 10
Santi 30/Key 10
Phillips 28/Mashack 12
JJJ 30/Nkahmoua 10
Nkahmoua 18/Aidoo 12/Plav 10

I think Edwards plays as the 10th man but it will vary game to game and who’s in foul trouble as to who slides around.
Has the scrimmage and the 2 exhibition games changed your thoughts on this any? Looks like Uros is going to get 20+ minutes a game and Aidoo around 15 to me which means we’re not playing nearly the amount of small ball we were expecting?

Has the scrimmage and the 2 exhibition games changed your thoughts on this any? Looks like Uros is going to get 20+ minutes a game and Aidoo around 15 to me which means we’re not playing nearly the amount of small ball we were expecting?

I don’t know often we will see Uros regularly getting 20 mpg. He was needed as a matchup last night plus JJJ didn’t play. Aidoo could be the guy getting 15+, but it was just one exhibition game.

Reactions: Vols All Day
I think game by game will change a bit depending on opponent and foul trouble, bigger teams we will go bigger. For us to play small JJJ being available is key, he hasn’t been available for any of the 3 games you mentioned so let’s see what changes when he comes back.

I don’t know often we will see Uros regularly getting 20 mpg. He was needed as a matchup last night plus JJJ didn’t play. Aidoo could be the guy getting 15+, but it was just one exhibition game.
In the scrimmage before the bama game Uros scored 26 IIRC. I was there and he just stood out to me on both ends of the court. Don’t think they’ve posted anything on the Michigan State exhibition, but he again showed out as a strong contributor last night. He’s playing with way more confidence than last year so far and making way fewer mistakes. His little baby hook is looking deadly. He’s the biggest or one of the biggest players in the SEC and it appears between him and Aidoo were going to have possibly the best combined 5’s in the league.

I think game by game will change a bit depending on opponent and foul trouble, bigger teams we will go bigger. For us to play small JJJ being available is key, he hasn’t been available for any of the 3 games you mentioned so let’s see what changes when he comes back.
That’s fair. Do you still see Uros getting 10 and Aidoo getting 12 as unless Uros takes a big step backwards I don’t see how he doesn’t get 20 a game?

That’s fair. Do you still see Uros getting 10 and Aidoo getting 12 as unless Uros takes a big step backwards I don’t see how he doesn’t get 20 a game?
If I was to adjust I would go..

Zeigler 30/Key 10
Santi 30/Key 10
Phillips 28/Mashack 12
JJJ 30/Nkahmoua 10
Nkahmoua 18/Aidoo 12/Plav 10

To:
Zeigler 30/Key 10
Santi 25/Key 15
Phillips 25/Vescovi 5/JJJ 10
JJJ 20/Nkahmoua 20
Nkahmoua 8/Plav 18/Aidoo 14

I think some games Plav will get his 20 minutes, but I also think there’s others he may be 10 or less

Uros mpg will fluctuate because he is very match-up dependent. He has improved a lot so that he looks like he can now get minutes in every game. But him and Aidoo can see minutes traded back and forth between games based on opponents personnel and/or style of play.

Uros mpg will fluctuate because he is very match-up dependent. He has improved a lot so that he looks like he can now get minutes in every game. But him and Aidoo can see minutes traded back and forth between games based on opponents personnel and/or style of play.
Is it possible with his new found presence in the post he might demand the opposing team to adjust personnel to him instead of us having to be the ones adjusting? Between watching the scrimmage and yesterday’s game I’m seeing a vastly improved post scorer. JMO

Is it possible with his new found presence in the post he might demand the opposing team to adjust personnel to him instead of us having to be the ones adjusting? Between watching the scrimmage and yesterday’s game I’m seeing a vastly improved post scorer. JMO

Some folks memories are simply too good. We remember where he was 2 years ago, but I'm not sure he is the same player now. We will see, but I think we need to adjust our expectations upward quite a bit for him. I think coach has earned his pay again with Uros (and a few others).

If I was to adjust ...

To:
Zeigler 30/Key 10
Santi 25/Key 15
Phillips 25/Vescovi 5/JJJ 10
JJJ 20/Nkahmoua 20
Nkahmoua 8/Plav 18/Aidoo 14

I think some games Plav will get his 20 minutes, but I also think there’s others he may be 10 or less
I am less confident (about mpg) after watching the dismantling of Gonzaga.
I think fouls will monkey with the numbers on a per game basis.
But Rick gave us a view into what he would like to do.
JJJ minutes??? Depends on his health.
I can't believe...we did not miss him.
It's still early, but chemistry is going to affect mpg.

I don't care how many mpg anyone plays, just win.
Football is on fire, basketball is on fire, baseball is on fire, lady Vols on fire...that's why we call them the Smoky Mountains!

How about go down to Georgia and give 'the devil' his due.

Didn’t make it.
If you had seen the scrimmage then you might have a different opinion on Uros. Scored 26 in the post against his own teammates who should know the best ways to defend him. No data on Michigan State, but he looked very solid against the Zags going 6-6. If he continues these types of performances in these next few games then everyone is going to have to recognize his progress and admit he’s a solid SEC 5. He may revert back to being less dependable but no one can deny that the impressive sample size is growing.

VN Store

Back