Team Motivation

HooahVol

Just FYI, this thread is purely for entertainment purposes, simply ignore if you want.

Question of the day, how do we motivate these players to win? I have decided to turn to Hollywood for the answer. A couple of possible solutions:

1. In all the Rocky Movies someone has to die to get Rocky back in the ring. It has to be someone that means something to everyone. I am not saying some one should trip Fulmer on his way to his seat Saturday but...........

2. Too Macabre? How about we pull a Major League? We may have to dig a little deep here but a cardboard cutout of Layla Kiffin with the promise to remove an article of clothing with each win might work.

3. Not politically correct enough? Maybe we Blind Side the heck out of it. Everyone quickly adopt a 300+ pound poor kid.

4. Not enough 300+ poor kids to adopt? One word.... Rudy! Lets find some 3rd string walk on and start them Saturday. Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!

5. Oh, wait, we are already starting our 3rd string walk ons? All that is left is Karate Kid. We gotta start sweeping the leg Johnny! Chop block penalties be danged!

Tennessee doesn’t need motivation, Tennessee needs more talent.

As tough as it is, they need our help to keep the stadium full to help them bring in more talent.

I know that’s tough on us after the decade plus we have been through.

However Pruitt hasn’t been the problem for the last decade. We have to suck it up another year and help the coaches recruit by filling the stands.

If playing ball is not, in itself, motivation enough then you don't need to put the suit on. I played baseball until I was 32 years old and played with a lot of excellent baseball, basketball and football players. You should want to prove that you are the best when you step on the field and hate to lose so much you will put out every ounce of energy to insure the team wins. If you don't have this then you need to play recreation ball for a pastime instead of playing for real.

I misread #1 and #2 at first and thought you were suggesting they put a cardboard cut out of Fulmer in the locker room that they strip a piece of clothing off of with every victory.

Kinda ruined my lunch.

Just FYI, this thread is purely for entertainment purposes, simply ignore if you want.

Question of the day, how do we motivate these players to win? I have decided to turn to Hollywood for the answer. A couple of possible solutions:

1. In all the Rocky Movies someone has to die to get Rocky back in the ring. It has to be someone that means something to everyone. I am not saying some one should trip Fulmer on his way to his seat Saturday but...........

2. Too Macabre? How about we pull a Major League? We may have to dig a little deep here but a cardboard cutout of Layla Kiffin with the promise to remove an article of clothing with each win might work.

3. Not politically correct enough? Maybe we Blind Side the heck out of it. Everyone quickly adopt a 300+ pound poor kid.

4. Not enough 300+ poor kids to adopt? One word.... Rudy! Lets find some 3rd string walk on and start them Saturday. Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!

5. Oh, wait, we are already starting our 3rd string walk ons? All that is left is Karate Kid. We gotta start sweeping the leg Johnny! Chop block penalties be danged!

I can't get past idea #2.

Gotta make it relevant to today...Rudy II!!!
1568220914856.jpeg1568220933897.jpeg

In the Lone Wolf McCabe movies, bad guys kill his wife - he gets mad. They assault his daughter - he gets furious. They kill his dog and he goes full on Paul Bain on them!

Nice try OP......Just too many fun suckers on here that think they can single handedly change Tenn football with their in depth professional analysis on every and I mean every single thread!! C'mon guys OP was trying to have a little fun on this thread.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
They are getting to go to college for free and playing football is their job. Doing a job to the absolute best of ones abilities should be all the motivation necessary. At least that’s what my boss used to say.

I misread #1 and #2 at first and thought you were suggesting they put a cardboard cut out of Fulmer in the locker room that they strip a piece of clothing off of with every victory.

Kinda ruined my lunch.
You may be on to something ......… If they took a piece off for every loss, we may see some motivation

Tennessee doesn’t need motivation, Tennessee needs more talent.

As tough as it is, they need our help to keep the stadium full to help them bring in more talent.

I know that’s tough on us after the decade plus we have been through.

However Pruitt hasn’t been the problem for the last decade. We have to suck it up another year and help the coaches recruit by filling the stands.
UT lost the past 4 games against teams with significantly less talent overall. What I personally witnessed was 0 motivation to beat Vanderbilt to play in a bowl, and again 0 motivation after 9 months off and a clean slate against Georgia State.

Reactions: thehill98
This Vol squad has about as much motivation as a corpse and until Pruitt can pump new life back into his charges, he’ll be the joke of CFB, like it or not

1568224806881.gif

Reactions: RollerVol

Number 1 is horrible.

I get what some of you say about Tennessee being more talented than a few of the teams that have beat Tennessee over the last year.

To me Georgia state was absolutely coaching, Pruitt is still learning to be a head coach and he didn’t have his team ready.

The other games... to me based off what Pruitt keeps saying. I think there are plenty of players that have to play because Pruitt hates loosing, and the older players make less mistakes. However he knows they can’t get it done and loathes these kids even being on a SEC roster because they have no skill set to play in this league and be productive.

Pruitt wants a attitude on this team, and he doesn’t care who gets their feelings hurt & go in their shell. He is going to keep his killer mentality. If they don’t fall in line and loose games? So be it, he is getting them out and recruiting players with thick skin & the talent to play in this league.

We are close to getting the last sensitive Butch players out. Can only sign 25 a year.

Just one year away boys to having 70-75 Pruitt players. What’s one more year of support after the last 15?

You win the internet today.

If playing ball is not, in itself, motivation enough then you don't need to put the suit on. I played baseball until I was 32 years old and played with a lot of excellent baseball, basketball and football players. You should want to prove that you are the best when you step on the field and hate to lose so much you will put out every ounce of energy to insure the team wins. If you don't have this then you need to play recreation ball for a pastime instead of playing for real.
I nominate you as motivational speaker for the vols next team meeting.

VN Store

Back