Team Depth

I'm quoting this segment of this post because if I had a time machine and could take this quote back to 1996 or 2001, think about utterly absurd it would sound to you.

You are right of course. But in 96 or 01 we hadn't had a major scandal and hemorrhaging players to the transfer portal which also didn't exist in either of those years. But yah, we are in rough shape.

You think the same people go to a candy board or a mizzou and uk board and crap on the team depth or laugh at the coaching hire or coaching mistakes? When Rivals quit posting the program will truly be dead.
Who gives a 💩, I was saying why are they allowed to join a message board called VolNation, honestly I don't care what other teams fans have to say, it effects our Vols in no way but by all means if it means something good for us come on in🤣

Exactly why I think we max out at 4-8 this season. It will be similar to the Dooley years. We hang in with just about everybody in the 1st half and then depth issues cause us to get blown out in the 2nd half.

I just don't see 4-8..We have enough talent to win 6-7. Have no business losing a non conf game, so that's 4 already. S.carol,,UK,Missouri and Ole Miss are toss ups and Vandy is a Win. So that's 5 and doubt all 4 of the others could outscore and beat us. I see 6 as the bottom and 7-8 as the ceiling. I personally say 7-5.

In what world has watching these guys play football been evidence that these guys are extremely talented
I watched them play in the Spring game. The busted coverage in the defense made the offense look pretty good. Over and over again. I don't think they have enough time to fix this before the season starts, and it may be because of a genetic ceiling. Hopefully the transfer portal, and maybe some JC guys will help.

I watched them play in the Spring game. The busted coverage in the defense made the offense look pretty good. Over and over again. I don't think they have enough time to fix this before the season starts, and it may be because of a genetic ceiling. Hopefully the transfer portal, and maybe some JC guys will help.

Busted coverage is generally not a genetic issue. It is a genetic issue when the DB knows who to cover, but just can't physically cover the receiver because of a lack of speed, size, ect.

Reactions: LittleVol
That is what our offense is designed to do, and also is the reason why I think it will do the same to the teams we play this Fall. It is the same thing his offense has done very where he has coached as a OC or HC.

Not "easy win" but a game where we have at least a 50-50 chance, if not better.

TTech, S. Ala, Vandy, Bowling Green, SCar. ... these should be expected wins, though 3 of them may not be easy.

Of Pitt and Missou, I predict we will win at least one of those.

We should battle head to head with KY and Ole Miss and anything could happen with those two, given the current state of our program.

Ole Miss will rack up 45+ points in that game, it likely wont be a game in question by the start of the 4th.

VN Store

Back