WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
DJ Allen -WR / 5-11 / 189
Cade McConnell - IOL / 6-5 / 296
Seth Martin - IOL / 6-3 / 285

Matthew Golden - WR / 6-1 / 190
Ja'dais Richard - S / 6-1 / 191
Trevon McAlpine - DL / 6-3 / 280

Seems a bunch leaving due to the Gary Patterson departure. Once more, I know nothing, just throwing stuff out to see what might stick.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
I would say we have a better chance at poaching transfers leaving VT, LSU and UF... if there are many. Just how things have worked out for us we'll probably have suffered more in 2020 than all 3 of those schools combined will suffer this year.

They are in general three-star athletes, but I think 2 or so of these guys are 4 stars.

First, let me get these comments out of the way:

How many stars when they were recruited? 3-stars? Do not want!
They didn't choose Tennessee the first time. Do not want!
Taking one of these guys just means we've given up on recruiting against the Bama's and Georgia's. Do not want.

I think that, as it was for the guys we got from USCw, what we offer in the portal is an opportunity for guys with talent proven elsewhere to test themselves against the SEC, and really prepare themselves for a shot at the NFL. I think playing in the SEC is a draw we fans underappreciate.

So I think we have a very good shot at anyone we would want from a TCU or VT.

...plus, I don't know anything about McConnell, but we will be down a Cade on the offensive line next year.

Seems a bunch leaving due to the Gary Patterson departure. Once more, I know nothing, just throwing stuff out to see what might stick.
I think I would rather go after the Florida, Bama, and LSU transfers first. But at this point we need to take who we can right now that can help us immediately and develop the in combing freshman. Depth is a major issue with this team, and if we had more depth I think we would have won at least 2 more games than what we did (Ole Piss & Pitt).

Realistically we have the best shot with kids who enter the portal who were recruited by somebody now on staff at UT. Recruiting is all about building relationships which is why good recruiters always stay on good terms with the kids they recruit - especially those who go elsewhere. So how many DL guys that were recruited by Rodney are gonna hit the portal in the next two weeks? Those will be the ones we have the best shot at getting…IMO

Ja'dais Richards looks like a much bigger prospect than the others. . .

2000 players in the transfer portal last season.

How many threads will we have on a possible 1500 portal players this winter?

enough already.
Probably 1500. Plus add 500 threads if Riley leaves OU because we’ll be talking about Heup being courted and if Wanya, Key, and Eric are gonna transfer back.

But just think, at least we would have depth with all of them. Hype is the father figure, and I’m sure all of them would love each other on Rocky top, because we’re are the big orange.

I would say we have a better chance at poaching transfers leaving VT, LSU and UF... if there are many. Just how things have worked out for us we'll probably have suffered more in 2020 than all 3 of those schools combined will suffer this year.

How many have come over from Southern Cal? Last time I checked, it is a shorter drive or flight to Knoxville from Fort Worth than LA. The way players are flocking into the transfer portal? Players transferring is gonna be kinda like a dating service. Sooner or later, it could be the next reality TV show. Could even be it's own network the way thingss are going.

How many have come over from Southern Cal? Last time I checked, it is a shorter drive or flight to Knoxville from Fort Worth than LA. The way players are flocking into the transfer portal? Players transferring is gonna be kinda like a dating service. Sooner or later, it could be the next reality TV show. Could even be it's own network the way thingss are going.

It makes perfect sense. ESPN already has 16 sister channels. There's ESPNNews... so why not ESPNOlds.

Of course, the portal app would offer Tennessee fans the filter option to auto-swipe all 3-stars in the portal.

VN Store

Back