TaxAct Texas Bowl 9PM EST ESPN

This is nuts. Hats off to LSU for showing up.

LSU football will have 39 players who started the year on scholarship available against Kansas State Tuesday in the Texas Bowl, according to Geaux247. That number results from a combination of academic or other suspensions, COVID-19 testing protocols, opt-outs, or players entering the NCAA transfer portal.
Included in those numbers are 20 players on offense and 19 on defense, according to Geaux247. LSU has not seen the field since the team's regular season finale against Texas A&M back on Nov. 27, and bowl practices have been closed to the media. Of LSU’s scholarship players, 27 missed at least the half the regular season, and 44 different players started at least once during the 2021 campaign.

If LSU wins this game, the Big XII should be relegated to FCS.

I was wondering why the line was -7 for Kansas State.

I still think LSU has a chance to win though. They're back ups are more talented than KS starters. More talent doesn't equal a win, but LSU has nothing to lose due to the circumstances. Teams with nothing to lose can be a problem.

Give LSU a participation trophy for showing up.
That said, Hope KSU kicks their @ss.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Who is LSUs QB, didnt their starter leave? And the runner up already left earlier didnt he?

I get scheduling with so many bowl games is tough but.....you're telling me you couldn't squeeze this bowl in before Jan 1? The game is already a lower tier bowl but playing it the Tuesday after NYD make it feel like a regular season MAC game.

seinfeld-not-that-theres-anything-wrong-with-that.gif

Reactions: Plecoptera
LSU down to 37 scholarship players. LOL Looks like a bunch of wildcat as no scholarship QB will be playing.

Reactions: Plecoptera
Who is LSUs QB, didnt their starter leave? And the runner up already left earlier didnt he?

It doesn't look like Nuss will be playing so, no scholarship QBs. We'll see on this one. Jonte the wide receiver might be doing a bunch a wildcat.

Max left for Texas A&M
Brennan was hurt preseason and entered portal, will be staying at LSU... isn't ready to play.
Nuss has an agreement with LSU to not burn his redshirt, LSU tried to get a waiver but the status has not been officially released.

Its either Nuss or walk-ons with Jontre playing the wildcat.

I would expect to see double digit walk-ons.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Max left for Texas A&M
Brennan was hurt preseason and entered portal, will be staying at LSU... isn't ready to play.
Nuss has an agreement with LSU to not burn his redshirt, LSU tried to get a waiver but the status has not been officially released.

Its either Nuss or walk-ons with Jontre playing the wildcat.

I would expect to see double digit walk-ons.
Would like to see bowl games not count towards 1 of the 4, especially if so many opt outs are going to take place.

I get scheduling with so many bowl games is tough but.....you're telling me you couldn't squeeze this bowl in before Jan 1? The game is already a lower tier bowl but playing it the Tuesday after NYD make it feel like a regular season MAC game.

I’m thinking the opposite, it gets more of a spotlight not being crammed in with all the other bowls.

Since it’s a bowl promoting taxes, makes sense to have it now while it’s on everyone’s mind.

VN Store

Back