Taulia Tagovailoa possibly transferring? (RUMOR)

Why anyone would move from Hawaii to Tuscaloosa I will never know.

You probably won't ever know as he's unlikely to tell anyone until he writes his memoirs years from now. Home is fine but it can become like those giant Texas BBQ beef or bison ribs I enjoy. You eat them often enough, after a while you grow tired of them and want something else. It's not hard to understand. JFYI, we got Tennessee boys playing for other teams, Indiana had 1 or 2 IIRC. Oklahoma has/had some too, a few bolted for Big10 schools and just this recent recruiting cycle, a coveted Tennessee lineman signed with Kentucky. I guess one can say, players are human beings with human desires, and being Americans are prone to wanderlust.

The rumor might have some basis. Tua is already hearing pro doubts such as those from the Dolphins who are talking Justin Herbert over Tua. If that is echoed by other pro teams, he may well opt to either stay another year at Bam, or transfer. But to Tennessee? Anything is possible but I doubt he comes here. Pruit is building for the long term. I don't think he wants a one-shot wonder at the risk of alienating his current QBs.

Last edited:
Reactions: RollerVol
This new transfer rulr proposal will just help baby tua if passed by NCAA. Mommy and daddy were paid well to house sit for a big time bummer booster in Alabaster while big TUA was at bummer guess that money train has now dried up and baby tua know getting cruited over. Ole Saban what a caring coarch for the kids.

A co-worker of mine (big Bama fan) said that Taulia Tagovailoa was looking to transfer, and that Tennessee was the likely destination. I haven’t seen this rumor mentioned anywhere else. Has anyone on the board heard of this?
Move along, nothing to see here.

Reactions: RollerVol
Friend of mine at work is a recent Bama grad and somewhat still in touch with people in the AD. Word going around is that Taulia potentially worried about getting recruited over...kid kind of knows he isn't as talented as his brother. Kind of feels he got a spot because of his brother. If true, not sure we want a guy that isn't willing to hang in there and put in the work to compete for the starting spot.

Might be some legs to the rumor...
But Alabama friends of mine told me he was better than Tua. Just the right handed version. I do like Dreamland though. Wow, I guess recruiting isn't an exact science, but good BBQ is good BBQ.

Reactions: coach799
Good chance he'll transfer. Very unlikely it'll be to Tennessee.

Was never a good decision for him to choose then in the first place. I understand the got to spend a year with his brother but was probably never going to be the guy there

Was never a good decision for him to choose then in the first place. I understand the got to spend a year with his brother but was probably never going to be the guy there
Did we want someone who chose us because they didn’t feel they were good enough to play somewhere else?

Reactions: tbh and UT_Dutchman

That one was obvious. TUA was the Starting QB at Bama; (Bigger than being Governor) so the entire team moved there.

Friend of mine at work is a recent Bama grad and somewhat still in touch with people in the AD. Word going around is that Taulia potentially worried about getting recruited over...kid kind of knows he isn't as talented as his brother. Kind of feels he got a spot because of his brother. If true, not sure we want a guy that isn't willing to hang in there and put in the work to compete for the starting spot.

Might be some legs to the rumor...

It would be extremely hard for us or anyone for that matter, to get this kid if he STAYS and competes for a starting spot. On the other hand, we have apparently more than enough QB's right now.

Did we want someone who chose us because they didn’t feel they were good enough to play somewhere else?

It depends on the circumstances. Ask Tom Brady whom USC's Robinson considered him as inferior to Quincy Woods so passed up on him. I think Brett Favre ended up at a small-time school under such circumstances. The great Johnny Unitas was rejected by Norte Dame and ended at the Univ. of Louisville. It just depends on the circumstances. Some eggs are just another egg, some eggs have double yolks.

I don't know that I agree. I think Taulia has been given every chance to become the guy. Unlike his brother, Taulia was not ready to play as a freshman. And that, in and of itself, is not a huge deal. But I don't think he's developed the way the staff had hoped. And if Bryce Young comes in and performs anywhere close to his potential, I don't see a situation where Taulia will suddenly blossom into a superior option.

Last edited:
It depends on the circumstances. Ask Tom Brady whom USC's Robinson considered him as inferior to Quincy Woods so passed up on him. I think Brett Favre ended up at a small-time school under such circumstances. The great Johnny Unitas was rejected by Norte Dame and ended at the Univ. of Louisville. It just depends on the circumstances. Some eggs are just another egg, some eggs have double yolks.
That doesn’t really address my question since I wasn’t referencing schools passing on the player.

Reactions: Behr
That doesn’t really address my question since I wasn’t referencing schools passing on the player.

butcha: Did we want someone who chose us because they didn’t feel they were good enough to play somewhere else?

Past Tense statement: Answer, I don't know if we did or not. I don't know about everybody else, but I would have depending on the circumstances.

butcha: Did we want someone who chose us because they didn’t feel they were good enough to play somewhere else?

Past Tense statement: Answer, I don't know if we did or not. I don't know about everybody else, but I would have depending on the circumstances.
Athlete choosing us because they didn’t feel they could compete at another program...yay or nay? As in the previous post, I typed it the way I wanted it to sound. I say nay, because I don’t want to sign an already defeated QB.

yep, money. Can't believe that someone wasn't looking into this but no one ever did. If that had been Tennessee they would have shut us down! They moved their whole family to Alabama, and just happened to find jobs and land at one of the most prestigious HS in Alabama. Just lucky I guess.

Reactions: mpfvol

VN Store

Back