Taulia Tagovailoa possibly transferring? (RUMOR)

Athlete choosing us because they didn’t feel they could compete at another program...yay or nay? As in the previous post, I typed it the way I wanted it to sound. I say nay, because I don’t want to sign an already defeated QB.

OK, still for me, circumstances differ. But nevermind that. I'm headed out on a family trampling in the woodlands far from worries of any kind, I hope. Venison jerky and fishing rain-swollen streams are more fun right now than VN-ing. Dumb thing to do but fun anyway.

A co-worker of mine (big Bama fan) said that Taulia Tagovailoa was looking to transfer, and that Tennessee was the likely destination. I haven’t seen this rumor mentioned anywhere else. Has anyone on the board heard of this?

Lol

yep, money. Can't believe that someone wasn't looking into this but no one ever did. If that had been Tennessee they would have shut us down! They moved their whole family to Alabama, and just happened to find jobs and land at one of the most prestigious HS in Alabama. Just lucky I guess.

He went to a public high school.

I don't know that I agree. I think Taulia has been given every chance to become the guy. Unlike his brother, Taulia was not ready to play as a freshman. And that, in and of itself, is not a huge deal. But I don't think he's developed the way the staff had hoped. And if Bryce Young comes in and performs anywhere close to his potential, I don't see a situation where Taulia will suddenly blossom into a superior option.

And that goes back to my point. He should never have signed there. But understand the brother thing. He should transfer.

Reactions: RockY ToP 85
And that goes back to my point. He should never have signed there. But understand the brother thing. He should transfer.

At the time, he probably thought he was the natural successor. Saban recruited over him. Likely would never see the field as a starter now at Bama going forward.

I'm only believing this if someone comes up with property records showing that his family bought some recently near Knoxville.

Friend of mine at work is a recent Bama grad and somewhat still in touch with people in the AD. Word going around is that Taulia potentially worried about getting recruited over...kid kind of knows he isn't as talented as his brother. Kind of feels he got a spot because of his brother. If true, not sure we want a guy that isn't willing to hang in there and put in the work to compete for the starting spot.

Might be some legs to the rumor...
He got recruited over.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Damn. Is every disgruntled qb in America a candidate to transfer here? I know jg sucks but dang, we got some replacements now. I don’t want the kid. If he can’t beat out Mac jones why would we want him?

Last edited:
I don't know that I agree. I think Taulia has been given every chance to become the guy. Unlike his brother, Taulia was not ready to play as a freshman. And that, in and of itself, is not a huge deal. But I don't think he's developed the way the staff had hoped. And if Bryce Young comes in and performs anywhere close to his potential, I don't see a situation where Taulia will suddenly blossom into a superior option.
He was never NOT going to get recruited over. He was overrated out of HS and will likely never play as a starting QB at the power5 level.

At the time, he probably thought he was the natural successor. Saban recruited over him. Likely would never see the field as a starter now at Bama going forward.

Not to sound dismissive of your post but if he thought that signing in the same class as the great grandson of Bear Bryant that he would be the natural successor shows that family has zero knowledge of the history of that program. The only way he beats Bear Bryant IV is to be head and shoulders above him. And they were pretty equal in high school. Good luck to the kid but not sure there is a place for him in Knoxville Tennessee anymore.

CR-vol....my friend that is a story from Jan. 2018. He was in high school. Please post recent information that pertains to the post

That's his recruitment thread in the recruiting forum. If you skip to the end it does have recent posts in it from a week or so ago but you're right it doesn't have exactly what he was asking for. I saw the thread where guys were talking about Taulia possibly hitting the transfer portal a couple of weeks ago but that was in the "Around the NCAA" section of the forum. I posted without double checking and didnt even realize my mistake until earlier today. It doesnt matter. Somebody pointed out this was old news and had already been discussed. There are several good sections of the VN forum here outside of the "Tennessee Football" section that always have a lot of discussion you just have to go look in them.

A co-worker of mine (big Bama fan) said that Taulia Tagovailoa was looking to transfer, and that Tennessee was the likely destination. I haven’t seen this rumor mentioned anywhere else. Has anyone on the board heard of this?
He was trolling you

Friend of mine at work is a recent Bama grad and somewhat still in touch with people in the AD. Word going around is that Taulia potentially worried about getting recruited over...kid kind of knows he isn't as talented as his brother. Kind of feels he got a spot because of his brother. If true, not sure we want a guy that isn't willing to hang in there and put in the work to compete for the starting spot.

Might be some legs to the rumor...
I have no doubt that he would be looking to transfer, but it is stretching things to say that he will transfer to Tennessee

VN Store

Back