Tankers Attacked In Gulf: Price of Oil Up

So basically, not only have we been meddling in Iranian politics for the last 70 years, but we've also stood by as Iraq was allowed use chemical weapons on Iranian forces.
We have made a very bad habit of trying to pick winners and losers on the world stage.

Do those weapons have a shelf life? Doesn't seem they can work forever.

Shelf life or otherwise it appears they were real.
As much time as I spent calling GW a liar for faking a reason to go to war I’m willing to say I was wrong. And the alleged tag should probably be removed.

Shelf life or otherwise it appears they were real.
As much time as I spent calling GW a liar for faking a reason to go to war I’m willing to say I was wrong. And the alleged tag should probably be removed.

We still invaded Iraq for no reason, apparently. So much for intelligence, the inspectors couldn't find any.

We should have done it in round one. Round two was stupid.

I agree. During Storm, tankers from the 24th Mech were about 20 miles from Baghdad, after having just taken out a group of RG tankers trying to run, when the stand down turn around came in. Most of the RG and regs had already been surrendering like rats off a sinking ship.

What pisses me off the most is we really didn't accomplish much besides "shock and awe" and the guys who came back sick as all he!! got treated like crap by our own military.

No matter, I think the point is that a quarter billion dollar piece of equipment was knocked out of the sky by modest (modest in contemporary terms) weaponry in the hands of the Iranians.
The price tag is reflective of its sensor array, it’s an incredibly advanced, autonomous reconnaissance drone.

It’s also big and slow, with zero defensive capabilities (other than the altitude it operates at).

If it’s in your airspace, it wouldn’t take a very sophisticated SAM system to knock it down.

There’s no way we flew it into Iranian airspace. Would just be begging for it to get shot down.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
I think Nikki Haley has a better than 50% chance of being POTUS one day...and also that if trump drops Pence and makes her his running mate next year, he will win in a landslide. As long as the economy avoids the long over due recession thAt is. She is dynamite... and surely scares the libs to death.

Reactions: Hayezb
Yep. It was well over 6 months before we ever started the campaign. You can move cities in that timeframe.

Regardless, the war was being sold as an answer to a nuclear threat, now it's been watered down to some old chemical weapons that "might have once been in Iraq" .

I think Nikki Haley has a better than 50% chance of being POTUS one day...and also that if trump drops Pence and makes her his running mate next year, he will win in a landslide. As long as the economy avoids the long over due recession thAt is. She is dynamite... and surely scares the libs to death.

People don't vote for vice president.

😉Pence is the "stay alive" card. SJW's are more afraid of him being next in line than they hate Trump.

Only on the margins. Maybe in a close race it might swing the VPs home state. Not much more.

He said it would lead to a "landslide." Nope.
Black and a woman. Two firsts. And it would quiet down a lot of the criticism against him. Racist with a black running mate? Serial rapist that has a woman with him?

I hate that it would but it's going to swing some votes. Add on top the rest and yeah I could see him winning by a decent enough margin. 10% in the popular. Not sure what counts as a landslide.

Also helps that she actually has policy to stand on and wont be an empty suit

Every candidate chooses a VP that expands their base. In some form or another.

And so easy to forget ... now who was Obama's VP? I know it wasn't Hiliary because she would be only one heartbeat away, and he occupied the WH for eight miserable years.

VN Store

Back