'20 GA ATH/RB Tank Bigsby (Auburn)

Not saying it is the way it will go but seems more of fanbases are talking its most plausible way to get to work. Keeping divisions is already frustrating some as the gap between visits to some cross division opponents is several years out like maybe 9 years or something I think. So adding 2 teams would only make that worse. With pods they can rotate the league home and homes faster making fans that want to travel to venues happy.

So yeah it is more than Volnation rumors. Even media personalities have said the appeal is greater.

SEC Pods Revealed?

What Are the SEC Options for Potential Restructuring of Conference with Texas, Oklahoma Additions?

If the SEC was so interested in each school playing each other regularly maybe they shouldn’t have been so anxious to bring Missouri, SC, aTm, Ark, Tex & OU in. I’m not convinced most of the schools bring anything close to the league as the league brings to them. How much is your “footprint” in Ark, SC, & Missouri really worth?

View attachment 414679

The 4 divisional pods setup has been discussed on other websites like The Athletic, as well as Volquest (Hubbs, Austin Price, Rob Lewis), and there is another theory being proposed such as each team playing only 3 permanent opponents and rotating everyone else, but if you think about it's really the pod system, or another version of it. Everything I have read has us no longer playing Georgia or Florida on a yearly basis after Oklahoma and Texas officially join the SEC.
Yes need to hope we get Bama, UK and Vandy as our three and we catch this set up right as Saban retires.

Reactions: Ledzepvol
More interesting than Bigsby in that article is the possibility of Harsin possibility Kiffining the Barn and head back west. The entire SEC could benefit by Auburn still in turmoil. Especially if the rumors of pods coming to replace divisions once Oklahoma and Texas join. One popukar pod has Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee and Vanderbilt together. Here lately consensus would have us 3rd in that. But if Auburn goes through another coaching change Especially after the different candidates it went through before landing Harsin. We could slide into 2nd most stable program and then by then Saban would have to be nearing retirement. So we could possibly be close to catching them.

Sorry to hijack your post. But I saw a diamond in the rough. Lol

I wonder if Auburn is regretting firing Malzahn yet....

Reactions: walkenvol
If u watched the end of that Auburn game Tank was Pissed!!I think it was like one yard play near the end and they threw a pass instead and u could see him on the sidelines saying it was dumb as F*k etc he had a few words to say.Seemed like a lot of frustration so I wouldn't be shocked to see him enter the portal.

lol
This part is crazy:

"One of the hottest rumors is that head coach Bryan Harsin–whose first year in charge has come undone since the team beat Ole Miss to become bowl eligible and move to 6-2–could be looking to make a move back to his home region to coach in the Pac-12."

There's no way he walks away from making over 5-mil per year
That is unless someone "out there" sweetens the pot....

Serious question: Can he do that behind a mediocre offensive line?
OL is a developmental position. People forget that too quickly. Crawford, Parker, Perry, Robinson, Ball, Lampley, and even Akporoghene are young OL's with potential. The OL should be deeper next fall with them playing behind Mays, Calbert, Wright, Harris, Wright, Davis, and possibly Carvin. Then there is a likelihood that they add one or two through the portal.

In short, I don't think you should presume that the OL will be "mediocre" next fall. UT has big, athletic guys who have been developing in the background this year. One of the things the last staff didn't do very well is work the younger players in to the rotation to gain experience.

But.... to answer your question directly... yes he can. Heupel schemes running lanes by spreading teams out. Pretty simple idea actually. You line up a couple of guys outside the numbers and the D has to show its hand. Either a safety cheats to the outside to help giving you a run opportunity or they play in the box opening up that WR screen that UT runs as part of their RPO package.

OL is a developmental position. People forget that too quickly. Crawford, Parker, Perry, Robinson, Ball, Lampley, and even Akporoghene are young OL's with potential. The OL should be deeper next fall with them playing behind Mays, Calbert, Wright, Harris, Wright, Davis, and possibly Carvin. Then there is a likelihood that they add one or two through the portal.

In short, I don't think you should presume that the OL will be "mediocre" next fall. UT has big, athletic guys who have been developing in the background this year. One of the things the last staff didn't do very well is work the younger players in to the rotation to gain experience.

But.... to answer your question directly... yes he can. Heupel schemes running lanes by spreading teams out. Pretty simple idea actually. You line up a couple of guys outside the numbers and the D has to show its hand. Either a safety cheats to the outside to help giving you a run opportunity or they play in the box opening up that WR screen that UT runs as part of their RPO package.

I think Akporoghene was a wasted scholarship. He was the Tee Hodge version of OLine takes…a head-scratcher. On the other hand, I think RJ Perry has tremendous upside as an OT and will be a stud soon. Same for William Parker.

I think Akporoghene was a wasted scholarship. He was the Tee Hodge version of OLine takes…a head-scratcher. On the other hand, I think RJ Perry has tremendous upside as an OT and will be a stud soon. Same for William Parker.

Had the offers, scouting reports were good on him.

I like that answer, but based on past performance I was being generous with “mediocre”. I do understand the developmental aspect of offensive line performance, I just haven’t seen any in recent years. Hope you are right.

As for spreading them out and creating gaps, good point. But bottom line, if I had a son with NFL level talent I’d encourage him to find an established OL to run behind, not one he hopes will develop. Agree it would be great to get him, just BVS kicking in this morning.

Oh, can he pass block?

I like that answer, but based on past performance I was being generous with “mediocre”. I do understand the developmental aspect of offensive line performance, I just haven’t seen any in recent years. Hope you are right.

As for spreading them out and creating gaps, good point. But bottom line, if I had a son with NFL level talent I’d encourage him to find an established OL to run behind, not one he hopes will develop. Agree it would be great to get him, just BVS kicking in this morning.

Oh, can he pass block?
Yes, he is good in blocking. This would be huge for us. If Hooker comes back I can see us getting several top offensive transfers including OL. I think Tank and Jabari would rack up > 2000 yards.

I really liked Akporoghene who appears to be very athletic for a 300 pounder. I’ve been surprised we’ve not seen him yet. Guess that goes to show my evaluation talents

Auburn recruits heavily in Georgia. They’re recruiting in the same pool that Tennessee is recruiting in Georgia. That’s why we go head to head with them so often. At this point, Alabama takes what it wants nationally, so I think having Auburn down helps Tennessee more than Alabama.
Last year, Alabama signed 7 of the top 15 players from Florida. That is why none of the Big 3 Florida teams are doing well. Alabama, Georgia, Ohio St,and Clemson are recruiting Florida better.

I really liked Akporoghene who appears to be very athletic for a 300 pounder. I’ve been surprised we’ve not seen him yet. Guess that goes to show my evaluation talents
OL is the hardest position to project. Camp performance matters a lot, because so many times they are going up against guys that they outweigh by 50-75 lbs. Drew Richmond comes to mind.

It’s important to keep a S&C coach for a few years, and recruit to this system. But clearly OL can get hurt in this offense. So a borderline scholarship is often times the right move. Otherwise, it’ll be a walk on.

VN Store

Back