'20 GA ATH/RB Tank Bigsby (Auburn)

Tennessee benefits when Auburn can steal a few top recruits from Alabama, Ga & Fla. Alabama right now dominates recruiting in Ala, Fla & who they want in La.

We don’t need to worry about Alabama and Georgia just yet. Let’s focus on a solid #2 in the East and 10-3 to 11-2 seasons first.

Then look to take the next step after that.

If he walks he won’t be walking away from 5 million. He’ll probably be walking for the same cash or more elsewhere. Insane though to me as well. Who would be able to pull that though other than USC?
I’m sure that Washington wouldn’t have an issue paying Harsin $5 million a year. Plus his buyout from Auburn is only $7 million.

Rumors of pods replacing divisions? Is there a legitimate source of these rumors? All I’ve seen is some dudes spitballing on VN.

Not saying it is the way it will go but seems more of fanbases are talking its most plausible way to get to work. Keeping divisions is already frustrating some as the gap between visits to some cross division opponents is several years out like maybe 9 years or something I think. So adding 2 teams would only make that worse. With pods they can rotate the league home and homes faster making fans that want to travel to venues happy.

So yeah it is more than Volnation rumors. Even media personalities have said the appeal is greater.

SEC Pods Revealed?

What Are the SEC Options for Potential Restructuring of Conference with Texas, Oklahoma Additions?

Screenshot_20211124-215750_Samsung Internet.jpg

Rumors of pods replacing divisions? Is there a legitimate source of these rumors? All I’ve seen is some dudes spitballing on VN.

The 4 divisional pods setup has been discussed on other websites like The Athletic, as well as Volquest (Hubbs, Austin Price, Rob Lewis), and there is another theory being proposed such as each team playing only 3 permanent opponents and rotating everyone else, but if you think about it's really the pod system, or another version of it. Everything I have read has us no longer playing Georgia or Florida on a yearly basis after Oklahoma and Texas officially join the SEC.

Tank is a beast, he would kill in this offense oh my god. Would hate for him to go to Georgia, i remember he liked South Carolina a lot out of high school too.

Reactions: volnut1
If Tank portals line up the Mickey D bags and get this done. He would dominated in this offense.

lol
This part is crazy:

"One of the hottest rumors is that head coach Bryan Harsin–whose first year in charge has come undone since the team beat Ole Miss to become bowl eligible and move to 6-2–could be looking to make a move back to his home region to coach in the Pac-12."

There's no way he walks away from making over 5-mil per year
IDK, Auburn is a treacherous place and he "ain't from around here". He may be looking to escape.

Reactions: Orange Raid
lol
This part is crazy:

"One of the hottest rumors is that head coach Bryan Harsin–whose first year in charge has come undone since the team beat Ole Miss to become bowl eligible and move to 6-2–could be looking to make a move back to his home region to coach in the Pac-12."

There's no way he walks away from making over 5-mil per year
But this is what coaching rumors and negative recruiting can do. He doesn’t have to leave. You just have to think he MIGHT leave.

Tennessee benefits when Auburn can steal a few top recruits from Alabama, Ga & Fla. Alabama right now dominates recruiting in Ala, Fla & who they want in La.

Auburn recruits heavily in Georgia. They’re recruiting in the same pool that Tennessee is recruiting in Georgia. That’s why we go head to head with them so often. At this point, Alabama takes what it wants nationally, so I think having Auburn down helps Tennessee more than Alabama.

VN Store

Back