Talking Watches with Volnation

Anybody want to purchase a practically new Omega Planet Ocean?

I'd like to buy an Omega within the next couple of years, likely a Speedmaster. If I only plan to wear a watch once or twice per week (special occasions, nice dinners, etc), does it matter if its manual winding or self-winding (automatic)?

I just need a decent reliable time piece for not too much money. What do y'all suggest?
All depends on what is most important to you. Durability, accuracy, style, water and shock resistance? First question is usually quartz or mechanical?
I myself prefer quartz field watches for day to day wear. A nice automatic makes a good investment for dressier occasions.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
My daughter wants to get a dual watch that has analog and digital.
What brand would y’all recommend?

Did it belong to your Grandfather? My mom has one similar that was her dad's. He worked on the Railroad after serving in the S Pacific in WW2.
I think it was my Great Grandfather's. He worked on the railroad. I did some digging and it looks to be from the 1890 to 1920ish range.

Last edited:
My daughter wants to get a dual watch that has analog and digital.
What brand would y’all recommend?
My daily work watch, HD but a pain in the butt to change settings until you learn.
My work requires an “no metal” external.
( electrical hazard)
I think they made a smaller version for the ladies.
GBO

Attachments

• IMG_3293.jpeg
    IMG_3293.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: MAD and JCHateSteve
I'd like to buy an Omega within the next couple of years, likely a Speedmaster. If I only plan to wear a watch once or twice per week (special occasions, nice dinners, etc), does it matter if its manual winding or self-winding (automatic)?

Most of my watches are self winding. Just buy a self winder and they won’t run down. Otherwise after two days or so you’re having to update time and date every time you don’t wear it.

Reactions: MEDVOL
I mainly wear my omega sea master on a blue rubber strap. I think Rolex makes a nicer bracelet for dress wear and like the GMT and Datejust.

My next watch is an Oris 400 green dial but they need to fix the movement slightly. Love the look and bracelet.

Breitling needs to get anti magnetic internals if it wants to get on Omega level and off Tag level. Really only thing stopping them.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
I mainly wear my omega sea master on a blue rubber strap. I think Rolex makes a nicer bracelet for dress wear and like the GMT and Datejust.

My next watch is an Oris 400 green dial but they need to fix the movement slightly. Love the look and bracelet.

Breitling needs to get anti magnetic internals if it wants to get on Omega level and off Tag level. Really only thing stopping them.

Got to littleswitzerland.com

You can get most high end brands discounted through them and they are not grey market. They are an authorized dealer and all warranties are by actual manufacture unlike jomashop etc. Plus you can finance most watches up to three years with zero percent so you can talk the wife into easier. Much easier to say 150 a month than 8,500 for a watch dear.

You can also use their card at the Rolex stores in the Caribbean and Vegas and they actually have stock which is rare lately.

Reactions: MEDVOL
Probably Casio or Gshock. Don't know to many high end digital/analogs.
My daily work watch, HD but a pain in the butt to change settings until you learn.
My work requires an “no metal” external.
( electrical hazard)
I think they made a smaller version for the ladies.
GBO
Thanks guys.

Reactions: JCHateSteve

VN Store

Back